Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Caps, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Can't watch this one as I'm off to Northumberland in the morning :(. My mind will be there in spirit though. Come on Caps!!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
NfFfwm5.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
In my head I’ve had this game as a typical Caps home no-show loss since winning game 3. Prove me wrong boys and crush them at home and in 6 like predicted!

No score prediction....just WIN.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I just want for once to see Pittsburgh play a must win game against us while it's not a must win for us. (it's only possible if we take the game 5)
to see, how they play under real pressure, when it's only on their shoulders.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
On holiday in sunny LA (over from the UK) and going to seek out a dingy dive bar to watch the caps play.

Please show up.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If its all the same from the past two years then I have a good news and bad news for you, ladies and gentlemen. Good - we gonna win this game. Bad - we gonna get knocked the f*** out again in an embarrassing fashion. So I'd prefer us to lose this one, get back to Pitt, take game 6 and pull off a huge upset for NBC and Pens lovers all over the world in game 7 at home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Doesn't matter how but if we get to G7 Wilson coming back will surely help mentally.

So win tonight or in Pittsburgh.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I expect the first period to be a garbage top line and maybe will see a respectable team/showing in the 2nd if it's corrected.

Part of me also thinks they won't fix it till mid way through the 3rd.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I expect the first period to be a garbage top line and maybe will see a respectable team/showing in the 2nd if it's corrected.

Part of me also thinks they won't fix it till mid way through the 3rd.

Anyone want to place bets on what Trotz's plan C looks like for the top line?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Just saw this. Referring to Trotz as the “current” head coach I found interestin. RMB doesn’t like the line 1 combination.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Such a loser mentality, to keep that line on a "short leash". Yes, please wait until we're down a goal or two before you make changes. I don't say this lightly, I dislike Trotz more than Oates, and Oates was atrocious.

The only way this makes sense is if Barry thinks he can get favorable matchups with this line against the non-Crosby lines. Even so, knowing you're going back to Pitt for game 6--where all these lines sucked--isn't logical. One would think, you would want to get your lines clicking and firing on all cylinders, god forbid that ever happen though.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Wow... that is shocking. I didn't watch last game but OV with 0 shots is no bueno. Maybe he thought the result of last game as more of an attitude problem than a line chemistry problem? I sure hope he's seeing something that we aren't, otherwise it's going to be a long night.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
OBO and Stephenson-Kuznetsov-Vrana is what I’d roll with if Stephenson is indeed not comfortable at RW1.

In any event, this game is huuuge...

Reactions: twabby

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I care not who scores for the Caps, just do it for Holtby. Don't take stupid penalties, hit, and shoot. I want to see a bunch of hard shots too, not fancy plays. If Pens want to block them so be it, but shoot the dang puck. Make them pay for those shots.

Reactions: foundhockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia