Post-Game Talk: Pens beat the Jerks

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The game f***ing sucked. Winning in the SO and giving the Canta about with all the PPs they had is f***ing pathetic.

Pissing away points isn’t gonna get you in the POs losers.
I've watched many Pens games under Sullivan where they sucked ....... this can't be thrown in with them
Sid is worth the watch on his own.

ps Rackel is garbage and wtf did he go first in the shoot out ?

Last edited:
Reactions: canadianguy77

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1703220357747.png

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
To be fair to Sully, they said on the radio that Raks has a great shootout %.

Still, something is not right with him. I think the injury was holding him back before he left the lineup. I'll be a lot more concerned if he still isn't scoring goals once his game conditioning is back.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This screams people living in small sample sizes.

But pretty bad considering Ned got injured.

Desmith has a better SV% than Jarry this year and is a .909 versus's Jarry's .910 over this year and last year.

He's a .910 to Jarry's .915 over the last three years.

I'm not saying he is as good of a goaltender. But I don't think the difference would've been that drastic especially when the cap is considered.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Are you serious? Canes are a very good team, our nemesis too. This is exactly how we should handle these games. Isles and Caps are doing that too, against worse teams too. Pens played the smart card tonight. We are not the Globetrotters, just be happy with two points seriously.
Yea. We shouldn't be scoreboard watching. We have to stieng together like 12 out of 14 and then maybe we can take a peak. Need to get points whenever we can. 4 out of 5 is a good start, need like 5 more wins ina row.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Desmith has a better SV% than Jarry this year and is a .909 versus's Jarry's .910 over this year and last year.

He's a .910 to Jarry's .915 over the last three years.

I'm not saying he is as good of a goaltender. But I don't think the difference would've been that drastic especially when the cap is considered.

Again with the small sample sizes. So going with 2 backups is what you are gonna go for here?

I'm going to say it will probably be a larger discrepancy than we would care to see. Like, 100% going for the worst record.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
On vacation at Kho Samui and the kids were begging to go ocean fishing for days. So, four hours in choppy waters where kids and wifey managed 1 tiny fish and 14 hurls between them, before the crew was convinced to make this just a half-day trip.
I on the other hand enjoyed myself with four good sized groupers, a 6 pound barracuda, and a fist-full of cold beers.

And we took down the Canes in what appears to be a bit of a snoozer. Yay.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Who is Malkin at this point btw? Is he still a legit 1st line center? Or a TOP6 center? Or at least a legit 2nd line center? Don´t wanna be negative after what I consider a very good win, but man... This is the worst hockey Malkin has ever played. It´s been like 2 months already, he had like great first 6 games and after that he is just getting worse and worse. Obviously it doesn´t help that his linemates are bad. But I am not sure about him even with better linemates. You can see it on the powerplay too, he used to be our best powerplay player. Nowadays, he just kills them more often than not. Overall body language is just not good with him.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Who is Malkin at this point btw? Is he still a legit 1st line center? Or a TOP6 center? Or at least a legit 2nd line center? Don´t wanna be negative after what I consider a very good win, but man... This is the worst hockey Malkin has ever played. It´s been like 2 months already, he had like great first 6 games and after that he is just getting worse and worse. Obviously it doesn´t help that his linemates are bad. But I am not sure about him even with better linemates. You can see it on the powerplay too, he used to be our best powerplay player. Nowadays, he just kills them more often than not. Overall body language is just not good with him.

Our 2nd line is not a scoring line.
Our team is Sid &Jake, a pretty good top 4 D and good goaltending most nights. Incredibly thin.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Again with the small sample sizes. So going with 2 backups is what you are gonna go for here?

I'm going to say it will probably be a larger discrepancy than we would care to see. Like, 100% going for the worst record.

How is 3 years a small sample?

Ned was a back up for one year. Every goaltender has looked horrible in Detroit's system.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
How is 3 years a small sample?

Ned was a back up for one year. Every goaltender has looked horrible in Detroit's system.
Are you really going to micro everything?

Both are freaking career backups with a career 2.78 and 2.93, Ned being a starter for a shit team doesn't really qualify as being a starter to move forward with. It shows he's a career backup worth goalie on the cheap.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Are you really going to micro everything?

Both are freaking career backups with a career 2.78 and 2.93, Ned being a starter for a shit team doesn't really qualify as being a starter to move forward with. It shows he's a career backup worth goalie on the cheap.

Ned has won more playoff series than Jarry.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
What in the world or what is or has happened to Rickard Rakell? That guy needs to have a full evaluation like Marc Andre Fleury did with a sports psychologist?
I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t getting looks. Reilly Smith doesn’t even get looks.

I’m not going to get too bent out of shape about the power play. That’s a tough unit to play against. If you dump, Burns gets to it and if you carry it in, you have to get around 3 Canes. And then they rush everything if you somehow maintain the initial possession. Hard to get into any rhythm unless you really practice your power play. You basically have to make 3 or 4 extremely quick, crisp, on-the-money passes and then get a shot off and scrounge for rebounds. Our guys have never been good against that hyper-aggressive type of penalty kill. We usually end up giving up a shortie to teams that pk like that.

Last edited:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
To be fair to Sully, they said on the radio that Raks has a great shootout %.

Still, something is not right with him. I think the injury was holding him back before he left the lineup. I'll be a lot more concerned if he still isn't scoring goals once his game conditioning is back.
Rakell mentioned poor confidence to DK before the injury.
And I think that shootout attempt is a perfect example of it. It was awkward and indecisive.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t getting looks. Reilly Smith doesn’t even get looks.

I’m not going to get too bent out of shape about the power play. That’s a tough unit to play against. If you dump, Burns gets to it and if you carry it in, you have to get around 3 Canes. And then they rush everything if you somehow maintain the initial possession. Hard to get into any rhythm unless you really practice your power play. You basically have to make 3 or 4 extremely quick, crisp, on-the-money passes and then get a shot off and scrounge for rebounds. Our guys have never been good against that hyper-aggressive type of penalty kill. We usually end up giving up a shortie to teams that pk like that.
The 4-on-3 was also really strong, so that provides some hope that the power play won't go back to being lifeless.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad