GDT: Pens at Wings | March 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I know we're rooting for tanking around these parts, but beating the Pens sure would be nice.

I hate the pens and will always cheer for Detroit to win no matter the circumstances.

Also, the quality of prospect if Detroit picks 8th or 11th doesn’t change. The strength of this draft is in the top 4 and Detroit can’t tank hard enough for that.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I can't wait for Vrana to Vrana the Vrana out of the Wings this game - they deserve to lose and I hate the everloving Vrana out of the Pittsburgh Vranas. Yeah!

- Plausible Vrana

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I hate the pens and will always cheer for Detroit to win no matter the circumstances.

Also, the quality of prospect if Detroit picks 8th or 11th doesn’t change. The strength of this draft is in the top 4 and Detroit can’t tank hard enough for that.
It's interesting. I am "standings watching" every day and looking at future schedules of arizona, philly, blues, and florida and I want us to lose out, but I can't help but believe 5 minutes before the game that we will win the game...

I also fist pump with happiness when the other team scores on us...really messed up situation mentally.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Yzerman’s orders to the boys pre game;

joaquin-phoenix-commodus.gif

Reactions: Spitfire11

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Jeez... another season ending injury for Fabbri. How much faith he still have left in the tank? Must be frustrating spending so much time on rehabilitation, mentally a challenging situation.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Really glad Edvinsson is staying up. But what a lousy mess of injuries to contribute to it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I hate that this season started out pretty well for Detroit but ended with the team being so decimated by injuries.
Fabbri, Bertuzzi, Vrana, Rasmussen, Zadina, Chiarot, Psysk, Luff, Husso, Maatta, Walman, Raymond missing time with injuries. Am I missing any other significant injuries here? Are we amongst the league leaders in man-games lost again?

Reactions: jkutswings

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Tonight I want a win. Only reason, is it may hurt the Pens playoff chances which would be cool if we helped them miss.

That said, I am expecting a 5-2 type loss.

Normally yes, but it helps getting a better draft pick from the Islanders one if Pens win.

Pens missing the playoffs trumps us getting a slightly higher pick. Pics in the 5-15 are all basically about the same, especially the closer you get to 15.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I hate that this season started out pretty well for Detroit but ended with the team being so decimated by injuries.
Fabbri, Bertuzzi, Vrana, Rasmussen, Zadina, Chiarot, Psysk, Luff, Husso, Maatta, Walman, Raymond missing time with injuries. Am I missing any other significant injuries here? Are we amongst the league leaders in man-games lost again?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

NHLInjuryViz

Feb 12, 2020
I had them with 8th most MGL through 23 March (not counting LTIRetirements and non-NHLers on Season Opening IR which inflate the totals for a bunch of other teams, though also excluding Jakub Vrána's time in the Player Assistance Program), though much more middle of the pack when weighting by different measures of "value".

1679951345860.png

Last edited:

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Hate the Pens but still on board for a quality loss here. Help the picks and as nice as it would be for them to miss the playoffs wouldn’t it be better to see them get steamrolled by Boston.

Reactions: aar000n

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Tonight I want a win. Only reason, is it may hurt the Pens playoff chances which would be cool if we helped them miss.

That said, I am expecting a 5-2 type loss.

Pens missing the playoffs trumps us getting a slightly higher pick. Pics in the 5-15 are all basically about the same, especially the closer you get to 15.
Not if 1 of those picks wins the lottery it doesn't. Especially the number 5 pick. If the 4th worst team decides they don't want to wait for Michkov and take someone else then at the 5th pick he could be available. That is a huge difference between the rest of the players available.

So yah it matter a lot where we finish and the Pens missing the playoffs (which they likely won't) doesn't matter.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario

Ooof ! Another game that will be ugly to watch and can’t even catch a glimpse of Ed.

No Chance here….. 4-1 Pens.
The tank rolls on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad