Post-Game Talk: Pens at the halfway point

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
Tbh I really don't think Scuds is playing all that badly this year. He's perfectly fine as a 6th dman and he isn't hurting us. He also remains an excellent penalty killer.

He's our worst defenseman, but that doesn't mean he's worthless. He seems like a good influence for our young guys and Despres especially. I don't think he's really blocking any of our young dmen from playing either (yet) just because Pouliot isn't ready and Harrington could use a bit more time in WBS too.

Next year will be when it sucks that Scuderi is still on the team as I think by then Pouliot/Harrington etc will be ready, or at least one of them will be.

Um, what? Neither of those is remotely true. A guy that can't clear a puck, refuses to try and clear the crease, too slow to reposition and frantically waves his stick rather than stepping up on a guy absolutely hurts the team. Just because he improved from god awful play last year doesnt mean he's still any good. He's the worst defender on a regular basis and has the least to offer. I don't know how you can claim he doesn't hurt this team. His cap hit just makes it worse.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
midseasonreport2.jpg

Some numbers by the social media team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad