Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Sens. Tue April 5th, 730pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Our only stinker in the last dozen games or so was the trap game (literally) against the Devils. I dunno, I think they're due for another (figurative) trap game. But the way they're steamrolling everyone lately, maybe not...

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
The Senator's defence tonight is

Claesson - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Kostka - Wideman

Hammond

3 AHLers on there, would be nice to shred them.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Our only stinker in the last dozen games or so was the trap game (literally) against the Devils. I dunno, I think they're due for another (figurative) trap game. But the way they're steamrolling everyone lately, maybe not...

It's bound to happen. Ottawa gives up a lot of goals, but so did Calgary.

This team has good shooters and should be another good test for Murray.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I doubt Sid catches Kane but a nice 5-6 point game to close the gap on Benn would be nice.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's bound to happen. Ottawa gives up a lot of goals, but so did Calgary.

This team has good shooters and should be another good test for Murray.

A humbling game would nice to help reset and refocus. Not saying they need it but it ensures they are not on the high horse.

If I remember correctly, when sid came back in 2012 we were steamrolling teams towards the end then Ottawa knocked us for a loop late. It raised a lot of red flags that we likely all ignored.

Last 15 in 2012:

Mar 11, 2012 Boston Bruins Won 5-2 0
Mar 15, 2012 @ New York Rangers Won 5-2 0
Mar 17, 2012 @ New Jersey Devils Won 5-2 0
Mar 18, 2012 @ Philadelphia Flyers Lost 3-2 (OT) 0
Mar 20, 2012 Winnipeg Jets Won 8-4 0
Mar 22, 2012 Nashville Predators Won 5-1 0
Mar 24, 2012 @ Ottawa Senators Lost 8-4 0
Mar 25, 2012 New Jersey Devils Won 5-2 0
Mar 27, 2012 New York Islanders Lost 5-3 0
Mar 29, 2012 @ New York Islanders Lost 5-3 0
Mar 30, 2012 @ Buffalo Sabres Won 5-3 0
Apr 01, 2012 Philadelphia Flyers Lost 6-4 1
Apr 03, 2012 @ Boston Bruins Won 5-3 1
Apr 05, 2012 New York Rangers Won 5-2 0
Apr 07, 2012 Philadelphia Flyers Won 4-2 1

Yeah we were rolling in the goals...but we were also giving up quite a few. And yup, there's the 8-4 loss to Ottawa...

Sorry, on the mobile site...don't know how this will format out.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Please win. My primary team needs to lose as many as possible and my bandwagon team needs to win going into the playoffs :)

Crosby will rip apart our pathetic excuse for a defence.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sorry, on the mobile site...don't know how this will format out.

I'm not really seeing any red flags this time beyond the fact that our likely first round opponents (Rangers, Isles, maaaaaybe Flyers) are all more than good enough to beat us. In fact, any team in the East in the playoffs this year could.

I love the way we're playing and I'm confident but this team could lose in the first round and I wouldn't be surprised. Fact is we're not so much better than anybody else that us losing would be a big upset.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Oh Ottawa, whatever happened to our special relationship?

I forgot about this! He has his lines written on the back of his shield!

senator.jpg

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

No Fleury at the morning skate, so probably Murray in net tonight.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Please win. My primary team needs to lose as many as possible and my bandwagon team needs to win going into the playoffs :)

Crosby will rip apart our pathetic excuse for a defence.
Haha, reading your post and not realizing you were part of the Pens bandwagon right away confused the hell out of me for a second.

"Why is Sid going to rip us apart? Is he finally going to lose it with Kunitz and do a heel turn tonight?" :laugh:

We will do what we can, but it would be nice to get some easy goals and inflate some confidence throughout our team. Good luck to your guys and to EK in his hunt for (yet another) Norris. Just give his legions of haters out there a little more fodder tonight and make sure his D is a little below par for this one game, plz. :nod:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I definitely want Maatta back, but I really love the Daley-Letang pair right now. 2 great skating puck movers is a beautiful thing to watch.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Sid is due for a big game and usually lights up the Sens. Sens could be pumped to play us tonight though, need to make sure we want to win as much as they do.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I definitely want Maatta back, but I really love the Daley-Letang pair right now. 2 great skating puck movers is a beautiful thing to watch.

We're watching Dumoulin-Lobejoy again...

I liked Maatta-Daley for the few games we saw it, Dumoulin-Daley has been great and Maatta-Letang was solid and progressing. So I've generally been happy with pairings involving those four, it's when one of them is gone that the problem arises.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
can't wait to watch Chris Neil run around like a neanderthal for 20 minutes

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
A humbling game would nice to help reset and refocus. Not saying they need it but it ensures they are not on the high horse.

I have no proof of this, but my guy feeling is that Sully uses these kind of losses to really drive his team, either by chewing them out and putting them in their place or by using it as a chip on their shoulder and motivating them that way. Either that, or his system is just that awesome to play. Because the energy level between now and the MJ era is night and day, and I don't think calling up the WBS kids explains all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad