Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Jets, time for another injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Looks like Paul Martin is set to return! Thanks to the First Law of Healthy Penguins - Penguins are neither created nor destroyed, their health is just transferred from one Penguin to another - we're set to lose a player tonight. Due to the Second Law of Healthy Penguins - All Penguin injuries must occur to NHL-caliber players - we know that Tanner Glass, Taylor Pyatt, Craig Adams, Deryk Engelland, and the 2014 Ghosts of Brooks Orpik and Rob Scuderi are safe, so who will it be?

Also, this year's Penguin squad reminds me of a Michael Jordan quote. I think it's incredibly apt.

“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Looks like Paul Martin is set to return! Thanks to the First Law of Healthy Penguins - Penguins are neither created nor destroyed, their healthy is just transferred from one Penguin to another - we're set to lose a player tonight. Due to the Second Law of Healthy Penguins - All Penguin injuries must occur to NHL-caliber players - we know that Tanner Glass, Taylor Pyatt, Craig Adams, Deryk Engelland, and the 2014 Ghosts of Brooks Orpik and Rob Scuderi are safe, so who will it be?

Also, this year's Penguin squad reminds me of a Michael Jordan quote. I think it's incredibly apt.

“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.â€

Praying the Ghostbusters are in town to take care of both Scuderi and Orpik...addition by subtraction...I feel horrible bout saying it but I wanna win a round

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Dan Bylsma makes it official. Paul Martin is back in the lineup for the #Pens tonight vs Winnipeg

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Adams. Bylsma will weep and hold a wake for Adams' iron man streak. Glass, Pyatt, Orpik and Scuderi have all been injured, Adams is next. Probably Stempniak, Sutter, Jokinen, Niskanen or Crosby in reality.

Martin being back is the highlight, it's sad that the highlights are players I like coming back... and ones I hate being incapacitated.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Dan Bylsma makes it official. Paul Martin is back in the lineup for the #Pens tonight vs Winnipeg

tumblr_inline_n2npoa8b5A1qhyh96.gif

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Martin's return should improve our transition game tremendously. If only Bylsma could sit someone in favour of Desprès, we would be SO MUCH better getting the puck to our forwards :cry:

Scuderi/Orpik - Letang
Desprès - Martin
Maatta - Niskanen

That would be my "dream" defense, but it will never happen. No way Scuderi or Orpik sit :(

Fire Shero*

My guess is Koon gets injured next.

Steiggy and Errey cannot possibly justify a loss tonight. I guess they could go with the overused theory that these games don't matter! Or the jets players are playing for jobs!

Go pens. I hate the argument that these games don't matter. Maybe you can make that claim back in November. But teams don't usually stumble into the playoffs and find that "magical" switch to turn on for the playoffs.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
@JoshYohe_Trib 2m
Pens top power play today featured Kunitz-Crosby-Neal up front with Martin and Niskanen on the points.

Why didn't you run a similar set up against the Blues, Dan.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I expect a little bit of venom tonight. Remember after the last match-up, some of the Pens openly mocked the Jets for their lack of structure. I wonder if the tables will be turned tonight.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I thought it wasn't a big deal, Dan?

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib

Niskanen working on 5-on-3 PP with top unit. Good having a right-handed shot there. I think Bennett would be good there. But I'm not a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad