Pens are 2nd in the League in 5-on-5 scoring

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Given all the conversations lately about our lack of even strength scoring I took a look today and found the only team scoring more than our 2.31 goals per game 5-on-5 is Tampa at 2.53 goals per game.

This was quite surprising considering all the angst here about our lack of even strength scoring. Granted, we have a real hight shooting percentage, but IMO that's mostly a result of having Superstars running the offense, and a coaching staff that knows how to take advantage of our teams skills and abilities.

So refreshing after the last 5 years.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Give Malkin Bennett, which also means that Goc gets at least one competent linemate and suddenly we have 4 lines capable of some scoring in ES. We are fine in ES, but it still could be better, which it WILL BE. Probably very soon. Benching Sill will also help.

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
Given all the conversations lately about our lack of even strength scoring I took a look today and found the only team scoring more than our 2.31 goals per game 5-on-5 is Tampa at 2.53 goals per game.

This was quite surprising considering all the angst here about our lack of even strength scoring. Granted, we have a real hight shooting percentage, but IMO that's mostly a result of having Superstars running the offense, and a coaching staff that knows how to take advantage of our teams skills and abilities.

So refreshing after the last 5 years.

True, but I think most of the talk this year has been limited to Malkin's line. I absolutely would say that our ES play from lines 1, 3, and 4 have exceeded expectations. But line 2 is still a problem for us.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sutter's line has been great.

Sid's line has showed flashes of dominance.

Malkin's line does not possess the puck well enough, period. I'd have no problem if Malkin was just not burying his chances, but he's not even getting them to begin with. He's not in a position to impact a game at ES. That's a big problem.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
With Bennett back and giving Geno one good linemate, it should go up. Not really worried about it. KCH has shown it could be the best line in hockey, and the 3rd line has looked great, and benching Sill or Adams should help out Goc, so team scoring should go up a little more.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
outside of the first couple weeks they've been fine 5 on 5. except the 2nd line

Michael8771*

outside of the first couple weeks they've been fine 5 on 5. except the 2nd line
The 2hd and 4th line don't generate much at all. The 4th line you can understand somewhat but the second line with one of the best players in the world? No, that needs to change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad