GDT: Pens and Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Crosby has Kunitz and Hornqvist on his wings.

Dupuis is skating on a line with Sutter in the middle.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Very happy they put Dupuis with Sutter. And like Ogre said, Hornqvist isn't a third line player.

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Goc-Comeau
Sill-Sundqvist-Carcillo

That's my guess.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The game-day skate lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Goc-Comeau
Carcillo-Sundqvist-Adams

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
Looks like the game is on live on the NHL channel if you have that.

penguins2946*

Holy **** Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist? No Dupuis on that line? THERE IS A GOD

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland

Finally the day is real when Sid has two wingers!! ... At least for one pre-season game.:naughty:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't get KCH. Sure, probably the best-possible Crosby line, but, uh, poor Geno

penguins2946*

Would people here be okay with running Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist as the top line, and traded for another top-6 winger to play with Malkin and Bennett when everyone is healthy? After seeing how good BB was in the preseason, I don't think that would be too bad of an idea.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Didn't you hear? Geno vanished.

But really, Malkin isn't playing so why not give Crosby the two best wingers?

because I assume Malkin will be back sooner rather than later, so you might as well get Sid some time with his real linemates.

Which leads me to believe that Hornqvist may actually be his real RW

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

I'm really not religious but..

tumblr_inline_my13sbyDq31rz60rk.gif

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
because I assume Malkin will be back sooner rather than later, so you might as well get Sid some time with his real linemates.

Which leads me to believe that Hornqvist may actually be his real RW

That or maybe they think Malkin will be out for at least a few games.

DieSuperFly

Nov 23, 2011
Y'know, if the average Pens fan can tell that Adams doesnt contribute much on the ice, dont you think the coach, GM, analysts, owners are seeing the same player we are? Theyre paid huge salaries to spot the things we as casual fans notice. Maybe Adams provides something else out there, maybe hes a really well liked, huge lockerroom leader guy. I dont think the Pens have too many of those lying around anymore from what I can tell.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Fix one line. Rotate guys with Geno when he's back and find a winger for him via trade. With the situation on the blue line, it shouldnt be long. Do it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Y'know, if the average Pens fan can tell that Adams doesnt contribute much on the ice, dont you think the coach, GM, analysts, owners are seeing the same player we are? Theyre paid huge salaries to spot the things we as casual fans notice. Maybe Adams provides something else out there, maybe hes a really well liked, huge lockerroom leader guy. I dont think the Pens have too many of those lying around anymore from what I can tell.

Even if he is good in the lockerroom (who knows) can't they keep him as a 13th forward or something? Why does he need to get so much icetime? We can't tell what he brings off the ice, but on the ice we all see the same terrible player who shouldn't be there.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
That or maybe they think Malkin will be out for at least a few games.

Maybe they're just trying everyone with everybody. If Sid was out instead of Geno this is akin to Kunitz being on Geno's LW.

I hate posts like this. Nothing personal ;).

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
or it could be Kunitz that goes to Malkin and Hornqvist to crosby. YOu might as well see how they look while malkin is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad