Post-Game Talk: Pens 7, Rangers 2 - All Hail The WTF Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno and Horny have been trash together forever, but Kunitz apparently is the straw that was needed to stir the drink. Still, I didn't get it. It defied explanation. You see that line on paper, and all you can say is WTF. Well, HT to Crosbyfan.

Malkin and Horny playing well together while the Rags are trying to figure out WTF Kunitz is doing...

EDIT: Ogre just sent his summary from his seats at the game . . .

giphy.gif

Fordy

May 28, 2008
just to clarify, no one is believing that the WTF line is going to ever do anything again right? i'll ctrl+v what i said in the gdt: horny is playing well, the defense are chipping in, and malkin is having a great game. kunitz has only had to make passes from a stand still. it won't last, at all

pretty great game

Shearypwnskunitz

Apr 13, 2016
That was a playoff effort tonight, the speed was ramped up and the Rangers were spinning in circles trying to keep up.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
All around awesomness. I don't like the lines, but everyone played well. Except DP. Kunitz played his best game. Horny looked back to form. Rust struggled at the beginning but came on strong late. Murray looked great outside of his bad goal. PK looked good. PP looked good. 4th line looked good. HBK looked good. Sheary looked good.

So really outside of maybe one or two errors, the team REALLY looked good. Sure.. Murray let in a pooper. Rust struggled in period 1. But they came on so strong at the end, it doesn't matter. Especially Murray. Huge saves to allow us to blow up.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Great response from last game. They wanted to s*** all over the rangers and they did!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
just to clarify, no one is believing that the WTF line is going to ever do anything again right? i'll ctrl+v what i said in the gdt: horny is playing well, the defense are chipping in, and malkin is having a great game. kunitz has only had to make passes from a stand still. it won't last, at all

pretty great game

Be that as it may, Kunitz wasn't terrible tonight. Though he should be nowhere near that line or this roster.

I thought Pouliot looked like **** for most of the game, though he did pick it up in the third. The kid needs to keep playing regardless. Give him some games to get comfortable and see what he can do. He looks like he is thinking out there right now rather than reacting.

I did not like Sid's kneeing penalty. It's a dirty play, but more than that I don't want to see him suspended. Obviously he won't be for that since it wasn't much of one, but he shouldn't put himself in situations like that.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Say what you want about Kunitz, but he did play a very good game tonight. Too bad the next one will likely only come in mid-February.

Geno was in God-mode tonight.

Rust is a keeper, already 9 goals! Talk about bang for the buck.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All around awesomness. I don't like the lines, but everyone played well. Except DP. Kunitz played his best game. Horny looked back to form. Rust struggled at the beginning but came on strong late. Murray looked great outside of his bad goal. PK looked good. PP looked good. 4th line looked good. HBK looked good. Sheary looked good.

So really outside of maybe one or two errors, the team REALLY looked good. Sure.. Murray let in a pooper. Rust struggled in period 1. But they came on so strong at the end, it doesn't matter. Especially Murray. Huge saves to allow us to blow up.

Cole, how can you argue with this . . .

Malkin and Horny playing well together while the Rags are trying to figure out WTF Kunitz is doing...

EDIT: All seriousness, the pacing of the WTF line works. For the forecheck, it was perfect. Horny the heat seeking missile. Rangers look to move the puck. Kunitz coming from the side two steps late like always. So, you move the puck to the safe side, except that's where Geno's jumping it. They probably forced a dozen or so turnovers that way. Maybe more.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maatta ends up with 0 points -1 in one of his best games of the season. :laugh: Unfair stat line to Maatta. He was terrific. Schultz looks like Letang by the stat line. :yo:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Maatta ends up with 0 points -1 in one of his best games of the season. :laugh: Unfair stat line to Maatta. He was terrific. Schultz looks like Letang by the stat line. :yo:

He's a tricky one to figure out. He's defending well and I like that, but his offensive is completely gone. He used to join the rush and pinch and make plays. Now he's like 100% a defensive dman. It's not horrible because he's still good at that but I do miss the offense he could bring. Ah well I guess it's not the worst thing in the world for one of our d to think that way.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That was a playoff effort tonight, the speed was ramped up and the Rangers were spinning in circles trying to keep up.

That first 5 minutes blew me away. They came out with speed I haven't seen since June. They looked like it was a playoff game. Really impressive.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
46 goals scored in their last 8 wins including 8 goals once, 7 twice and 6 once. Just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad