Post-Game Talk: Pens (6) sleep walk through blowout win of supposed NHL team (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
+ Rusty Trombone

I can't wait til someday we see Rust and Bennett together so it can be the Rusty TromBeaun line.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ Jim Rutherford for making a trade for our #1 dman in 2017. Yo da bess, Jimmy.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Murray is ready, guarantee he is a 920sv% goalie right now if he played a full season. Really should sell high on flower amd get the best return.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++ Murray: Love his game. Very controlled and poised. He eats up rebounds and his speed side to side is NHL ready. Dude is NHL ready, if you ask me.

+ Rust: Keep loving his game. He's been terrific with the puck. His vision on the ice is very underrated, too.

+ Schultz: I don't care what happened in EDM. He was terrific today. I wish I could have seen him against Calgary yesterday when the Flames were getting on us quick.

+ Sid/Geno: Thought both guys played good. Good, not great. They didn't have to be tonight. I just want more killer instinct on that powerplay. That's where they need to get more killer instinct.

The only thing I can harp on is the powerplay. While it got us a goal, it really isn't where it needs to be. Lack of movement and shots. When you don't move, shooting lanes will not open. Teams will eat us alive in the postseason with that same powerplay.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's really refreshing to see young guys that have paid their dues and earned callups actually given a shot instead of filling your bottom 6 with expensive veterans just because you have the cap space.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Love the AHL kids showing up their former coach. Kinkaid, yikes, but at least 3 were really tough/impossible saves. Now if we can consistently play intelligent hockey like tonight, I like our chances to a) make the playoffs, and b) be a tough out for whoever we play.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
For the people who argue size vs speed, I think now is your time to shine. Speed gets tired, size doesn't (according to my fourth wife)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Murray on that 5on3 was magnificent.

Other than that, this one was a laugher.
Issues still remain in the top 6.
Hope we get some NHL bodies this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad