Post-Game Talk: Pens - 5, Isles - 0

H382

Oct 20, 2006
The Penguins have found a way in the past month to make teams look like they just didn't come to play. The first few times it happened, I was chalking it up to bad play by the opposition, but the fact that happens every night, makes me think it has more to do with them, than just the other teams laying an egg..

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I'm like Oprah Winfrey. Everyone gets a plus today.
Cullen is magnificent. Kessel is my spirit animal.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ Murray: Suffocating pucks all night. Completely cut down on what the Isles love to do. Really good stuff.

+ Cullen/Kuhn: Keeping it going even with Rust out. Another huge game.

+ Kessel/Hags

+ Daley/Dumo/Letang

Boy.. I don't have anything bad to say. THis was just a surreal moment in the Pens season. We are at the crux of the season and yet another adversity faced... the team responds with 5-0 win. Just unreal. Unreal. I cannot even speak enough good words for how this team is playing.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Fun win!

I have to say, Schultz's big one timers are actually causing me to go insane. The Oilers have desperately needed a dman with a big one-timer for years and we had one this whole time, but failed to coach him even a little bit on how to use it...

Schultz fires a big one timer every game for the Pens now... God. Damn. The. ****ing. Oilers.

To get back on topic:
+Kessel/Hags
+Cole, liked his physicality.
+Murray, especially rebound control

-More potential injuries, especially to Letang. Even if it's minor you don't want him at anything less than 100%...

Last edited:

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
+The Truth
+Das Kuhn
+Thrill
+Murray
+Sundqvist
+Jultz
+Most people except Lovejoy and Kunitz
-Isles Thugs
-These refs need to get Wideman'd
-Please no injuries, please.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
+'s all around to our team!

Big - to the refs for allowing the Isles to be d-bags all game

I just really really hope Letang is okay...

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Islanders are pretty dirty. Martin's shenanigans, lots of nice slashes to the hand all game long, and a skate blade to Letang's skate.

5-0 feels good.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I have a terrible feeling about how Kris Letang looked after that skate on skate hit. He had bad body language and was not moving that well.

I don't want to put a dark cloud on a good moment but if he's hurt or even hobbled we're in deep trouble.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
1) thought MM was a bit frantic in the 1st, but really settled in after. Hope he goes tomorrow.

2) this is why I don't support Sestito and other goons. When you show a bully he can't hurt you, he just turns into an insecure child. I'd rather have Matt Martin out there trying to prove how manly he is than John Tavares scoring goals.

3) Sid's line needs a change.

4) Kuhnhakl is really becoming a player.

5) one more year Cullen :(

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm very happy with this team right now except for Kunitz and Lovejoy (and Fehr but the other two are awful). Murray got his first shutout when Fleury went down, Sundqvist got his first goal, they scored in 3 different ways, Cullen is awesome, Kuhnhackl has exceeded my expectation by a stupid amount, etc.

- Kunitz and Lovejoy
- The refs
- Letang's foot
- Cullen might retire

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
+ Pens with the second best goal differential in the NHL now...

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Pens aren't just winning, they are making teams look like absolute scrubs. amazing

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
+ Murray: Suffocating pucks all night. Completely cut down on what the Isles love to do. Really good stuff.

+ Cullen/Kuhn: Keeping it going even with Rust out. Another huge game.

+ Kessel/Hags

+ Daley/Dumo/Letang

Boy.. I don't have anything bad to say. THis was just a surreal moment in the Pens season. We are at the crux of the season and yet another adversity faced... the team responds with 5-0 win. Just unreal. Unreal. I cannot even speak enough good words for how this team is playing.

The style this Pens team plays just totally sucks the life out of the other team by about halfway through the 2nd period almost every single game. How can any team skate with the Pens for a 7 game series. I know folks are worried about whether the Pens would get physically worn down in a playoff but that totally cuts both ways with how this team looks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad