-Crosby, he needs to be much better
-Our PP still sucks ass
+Literally everything else

Great game overall

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
They absolutely dominated the first 30 minutes, like men vs boys. Then they realized that the game is over and there is another game tomorrow. I just hope that we play like this in the playoffs but for a 60 minutes. This team still has it, the Wings were embarrassed tonight. They are overrated and overranked for sure, I would love this PO matchup but it´s not likely to happen.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Just a solid win against an actual good team with lots of secondary scoring - hasn't happened in a while.

penguins2946*

Penguins are a Craig Adams away from rolling 4 legitimate lines. So thats' cool.

No, they're a Daniel Winnik away from having 4 legit lines. Just imagine these lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Winnik-Sutter-Bennett
Spaling-Lapierre-Downie

That's a great lineup.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens had some nice jump and played like a big boy team. No real negatives but the Pouliot PT has to end when Ehrhoff returns. Next couple of weeks will tell what this team is capable off. MAF was really solid.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Letang is the key and culprit on the PP.

It's not all on him, but it starts with him. If he was a better shooter and not so indecisive, there wouldn't be a need for a lot of those extra passes.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Good to see them bounce back after stinking up the place against Vancouver. Returning from a long road trip, that first game at home is tough but they beat a quality opponent tonight.

Great to see Blake out there again and contributing.

penguins2946*

Pens had some nice jump and played like a big boy team. No real negatives but the Pouliot PT has to end when Ehrhoff returns. Next couple of weeks will tell what this team is capable off. MAF was really solid.

What? Pouliot looked fine tonight.

but we all know adams will be in the line up.

Winnik does literally everything Adams does, but better and he does a lot more. There is absolutely no justification to have him in with Winnik in the lineup.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Interesting game for Depres. Unless I missed a couple of big plays, he seemed fairly average tonight. Which is nothing to sneeze at given his up and down play lately. I will mos def take it.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
No, they're a Daniel Winnik away from having 4 legit lines. Just imagine these lines:

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Winnik-Sutter-Bennett
Spaling-Lapierre-Downie

That's a great lineup.
But we all know that Craig Adams will never sit, so while Winnik (+13 on that laughable team, wow) would solidify us, the ideal lineup just won´t happen. Anyway, Bennett needs to show more while he has a chance to do that because the time is probably running down for him with TDL nearing. Winnik would probably just take his spot if he were acquired tonight..

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
What? Pouliot looked fine tonight.

Winnik does literally everything Adams does, but better and he does a lot more. There is absolutely no justification to have him in with Winnik in the lineup.

He did, but at this point Bortuzzo doesn't even look like a #7 right now.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Good that the right personel was in tonight and they played a very good game. Exactly what i wanted to happen.

Now don't be mad if Sill is plugged in on a back to back. K?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I hope they play this well tomorrow night. Going to my first Pens game after winning some tickets from work.

Malkin's line was great. I was worried Comeau would be really rusty and pull one of his disappearing acts after a long injury but he was very good.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I am at work and had to listen on the radio sounded like a nice beat down until the third (to be expected).

I didn't hear Crosby's name much past the first, did he play well? How did BB look?

Malkins line was beast!!

Wings would be the PERFECT playoff opponent because they have to be one of the least physical teams in the NHL.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
- another fine game from DP

- I dunno what Crosby's doing anymore. The spinning backhand off the boards into the slot right to a Wing, in his own zone, was a real sizzler. I think Sid is so advanced that maybe he is playing a period ahead and we are all just stuck behind in the present.

- the Wings are so stacked with skilled fwds and their fans should be thankful their org understands there is a big old continent elsewhere that plays hockey also.

- I'm pretty stoked because it's been eating at me for months who the Discover Card "Frog Protection" guy reminds me of. I couldn't put my finger on it until tonight... It's ****ing Rob Rossi.

Last edited:

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Interesting game for Depres. Unless I missed a couple of big plays, he seemed fairly average tonight. Which is nothing to sneeze at given his up and down play lately. I will mos def take it.

The whole D wasn't overly noticeable tonight but I thinks that's a good thing. Not a lot of mistakes, good positioning and made the right simple plays. Solid all round game

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Winnik-Sutter-Bennett
Spaling-Lapierre-Downie

That's a great lineup.

I mean...I meant with Adams out of the lineup, they can roll 4 lines.

Guess I worded that wrong.

Sh00terMcGavin

#Leadership
Jul 5, 2011
Pittsburgh
These lines though...

african-celebration-o.gif

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
I hope they play this well tomorrow night. Going to my first Pens game after winning some tickets from work.

Malkin's line was great. I was worried Comeau would be really rusty and pull one of his disappearing acts after a long injury but he was very good.

Generally its the second game thats usually the toughest when coming back from a long absence but he certainly didnt miss a beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad