Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Flyers 2 - Kunitz Shines In Pens Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
One of the weirder things is that all joking aside, Murray is pretty damn likeable himself. The guy seems like a solid human being and he's been a ****ing blessing for this team as a player. This isn't a ****** goalie or an ******* replacing an amazing goalie.

Yes, and it irks.

I think people think he's a jerk or arrogant because he's blunt. I think during the WC, he flat out blamed his defensemen for a poor performance when they weren't playing well. He was totally right, but I guess that rubs some people the wrong way. I like that level of confidence and swagger.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Someone said fleury was elite because of a cup in 09 and that Murrays cup run was no where close as good as fleurys because fleury was a great guy in the locker room and leader and that theres more than just looking at stats. And that Murray wasnt a good leader. A good leader and locker guy>how well you play

:laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think people think he's a jerk or arrogant because he's blunt. I think during the WC, he flat out blamed his defensemen for a poor performance when they weren't playing well. He was totally right, but I guess that rubs some people the wrong way. I like that level of confidence and swagger.

Fleury would have been better served if he had that mentality but I doubt most of the people freaking out know about that comment. Plus Murray has talked up this team when they were bad all game.

I don't think it's women, but kids. Most of the idiocy I happen across should I mistakenly wander into the comments of a Pens twitter/Instagram/fb post comes from kids who look like they're in middle school.

It's everything (men, women, children, yinzers) and it's definitely not all women, but women frequently don't really get taken seriously about being into sports and then you see that and it's like "come on." Just feeding into ****. And then because no one can say I don't think about things, I get annoyed that they shouldn't be free to be idiots as well. A female sports fan who's an idiot shouldn't reflect on women but will when some idiot guy is just another idiot.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Heh.
After watching hits like Geno on Wheeler, i thought theres no way Manning on Jake gets a look.
They probably wanna ding him for the McDavid stuff.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Heh.
After watching hits like Geno on Wheeler, i thought theres no way Manning on Jake gets a look.
They probably wanna ding him for the McDavid stuff.

Have you seen this article? http://www.tsn.ca/can-we-have-a-rational-discussion-about-hits-to-the-head-1.676558 McKenzie explains why Malkin on Wheeler hit wasn't suspendable. The head wasn't the principal point of contact and hit went through the body. Not all hits with head contact are suspendable. The main thing for them if the head was the principle point of contact, as I understand.

On one angle, It looked like Manning extended his elbow and he pretty much got nothing, but Guentzel's head only.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
One minor note: Gaunce has been pretty bad the past couple of games he's dressed. Dumb penalties, and just overall doesn't look like an NHL player.

I'm not sure who is worse at this point: Gaunce or Oleksy. At least Ruhwedel can move the puck semi-competently.
I thought the same. He was pretty solid in his first short stint here, but this time he isn't playing good. He doesn't look strong in D-zone and in general. I remember how he fell in Detroit game and it gave the Wings two one one (and ultimately a goal) instead of two on two.

Ruhwedel doesn't look too strong in D-zone either, he's getting beaten in puck battles pretty often. But yeah, he moves the puck smoothier and he can shoot some, he has two goals alredy.

I don't know what to make out of Dumoulin. He doesn't play good this season. When he isn't playing with Letang, he looks more like a 3rd pairing Dman rather than 1st pairing Dman, for me.
He's not too good defensively or offensively. He has 10 points in 49 games this season and his shot is one of the worst on the team. I just hope his next contract wouldn't include too much money.

With Letang out, Schultz and Cole have to play like a first pairing again. They were pretty solid yesterday.
Schultz ultimately stepped up as our number two Dman this season (and number one in Letang's absence). Before this season I would think it would be Maatta, Dumoulin or Daley stepping up before him, but it's the other way around.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

The guy's been nothing but great in terms of attitude and play. I guess he doesn't smile enough for some people. :laugh:

Anybody trying to critique his personality is grasping at straws because his on-ice performance has been so stellar.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Blows my mind how the Jets game wasn't further looked into. Geno's hit, Trouba's hit, and Buff's hit. Especially because Trouba elbowed someone 2 games later and got suspended for it. :laugh:

You look into the Malkin hit and that means you look into Byfuglien's hit, Trouba's hit and the Pens losing Maatta to a late hit that wasn't penalized. Then it becomes what the **** the refs were doing and why no one was ejected.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I will never ever ever understand why anyone could possibly hate Murray. You know what he said about tonight? In his post-game presser, he said "This was a blast and I got to do it in front of the greatest sports fans, right here in Pittsburgh." And I think I actually got that quote verbatim, too. The guy wins games and makes point blank saves look boring. He talks up the city every time. He lives in the moment and never gets too high or too low. Seriously one of the most likable human beings, IMO. And we also had Travis say nothing but tremendous things as he got to do some photography with him over the summer.

And how the **** is he only 22?! Kid's got some alligator blood (please someone get the reference).

Seriously. Seems like a nice guy. It's laughable how people dislike him because he doesn't smile 24/7.

Every time I read comments by Murray haters, I'm dumbfounded by the lack of intelligence that the majority of them has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad