Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Blue Jackets 3 (OT) - Kessel Delivers the Bionic Elbow to Torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Murray deserved this outcome.

EDIT: Hags, Rust, Guentzel, Rowney, Wilson, and Fehr showed up big time. Horny left it all on the ice. Kunitz was like watching A Tale of Two Cities. Kessel was a train wreck when he wasn't scoring goals. Everyone else ranged from disappointing to downright brutal.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
vblmQvi.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Another high scoring game...Crosby with no points.

But it is a good sign. This team is loaded with depth.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I saw a few people predicting 4-1 losses before this game. There were some ugly performances, some weird tactics... but I'm taking this right now so much.

Also, the difference between Sid for 57 minutes and Sid worried he might lose was drastic.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Something needs fixed with Sid, man. He's so cold right now it's unreal.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Up and down game. Sloppy puck management and poor Dzone coverage.

Maatta was awful, Murray was great.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
+ Win
+ Murray
+ Kessel
+ Guentzel had a few nice looks plus the assist
- Sid
- Sully thinking Kunitz has anthing to help Sid

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Phil's been a ghost at ES outside of his shifts with 71. Pretty impressive he's ppg.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Sucks to give them that point after being up two goals in the third but they did get the win.

That video. I'm dying. :biglaugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Murray: Seriously deserved a shutout. Was excellent in this game. Deserved an easy win. The defense was a ****ing mess but Murray was awesome.

+ Kessel: Needed one of Sid/Kessel to score. We knew it before the game. Kessel brought his goal scoring. Sid... did not.

+ Rust/Hags: Great game by the two. Flying everywhere. Backchecking well. Awesome on the forecheck.

+ Hornqvist: Man is a beast. He just doesn't stop. He gets injured, "wolverines", and comes right back out there. Beast.

+ L4: Before idiotic Sully moved Kunitz to L1, the 4th line was clicking at a nice pace. They were awesome. I cannot believe it was sacrificed to move Kunitz up. Stupid coaching. Stupid.

- Sid: What the **** was that? Lazy hockey by 87. Disinterested hockey.

- Defense: Letang and Maatta are responsible for 2 goals with individual **** poor efforts. Cole/Schultz couldn't box anyone out and gave up a 2 on 0. Daley can't fix Maatta. It was bad. Just bad. Dumo was bad, too. All 6 guys sucked.

- Kunitz moved to L1. Just **** off Sully. L4 was playing awesome. Let it go. Let Cully figure it out. Give a couple other guys, oh I don't know.... KESSEL, some time out there.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Murray deserved this outcome.

He did, for sure.
Other bigger +'s to Hags/Jake and Rowney's line who were consistently good tonight.
Phil obviously for scoring 2 big ones but his play can be better.

The D as a whole did reasonably well for 40 minutes but that 3rd was bad. Real bad.

JR needs to find a D that can slot in for Maatta.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I thought Schultz played well, or at least there were quite a few really eye catching defensive moments.

Maatta might as well not go behind his own goal line any more. They'd still get the puck but we'd have an extra defender. People will worry about his meds but he was looking good for a stretch late last year, I think he's just simply in a rut of sucking ass.

I've gotta say that, as things stand, this team goes 7-3 and either trades the last defender, pays Vegas off, or simply accepts crap happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad