Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Blue Jackets 2: A Costly Two Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Will repeat something I wrote during the game: Win or lose on any given night, this team is not in a good place right now. They're kind of stuck in neutral, and that's assuming, likely erroneously, Malkin isn't out for long.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
071b572a402799ad583a8f1b86e4387b.jpg

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
People will try to push a narrative but the facts are that the Jackets tried to be goons and the Penguins ignored it and kept playing hard. They handled it well.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Will repeat something I wrote during the game: Win or lose on any given night, this team is not in a good place right now. They're kind of stuck in neutral, and that's assuming, likely erroneously, Malkin isn't out for long.

Feels like we're playing solid but not well if that makes any sense. Like we could win or lose any game we're in, but we're not playing well enough to string together wins.

Hopefully Geno's thing is minor.

Big plus to the WBS kids battling their ***** off out there. Dumo and Rust went through a lot that game and stuck with it. Kuhnhackl had some big blocks as well.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Blue Jackets are bunch of ****ing thugs. I despise them more than any team in this league. Flyers, Caps, Rangers, Isles. None are currently on the level of gutless pukes that this group is. I hope they continue to rot at the bottom of the standings.

+'s: Hagelin, Kuhnhackl, Rust, Crosby, Cullen, our top two defense pairings
-'s: Cole, Schultz, Worthless referees

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Two points closer to losing our 1st in a deep draft, and a four game trip of playoff hockey.

Hope Geno's alright. He won't be, though. We all know that.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Big 2 points but it wasn't pretty.

NHL ref'ing is a serious joke.

But i liked the way the Pens didn't respond to all the garbage like they did vs the Isles.
Just kept playing.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
People will try to push a narrative but the facts are that the Jackets tried to be goons and the Penguins ignored it and kept playing hard. They handled it well.

Yep, Pens were disciplined and didn't get dragged into the ****show the BJs wanted this game to be.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Two points closer to losing our 1st in a deep draft, and a four game trip of playoff hockey.

I get your thinking but it's not within me to root against the team to make the playoffs. I'd rather make it than get that first round pick. Sid and Geno only have so many years left, and you never know when they might turn it on and hulk their way to another cup. They are that good.

Of course it might just be the Sid show thanks to Columbus.

Either way, we don't make it and we get that first, so for once it's not like the Pens can lose this season.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think we did well at not responding, but there were multiple interferences (plus a clear boarding AND interference on Dumo) that should have allowed us to take the game away on the PP and the refs decided to keep it close. The Pens did their part but the referees let the BJ's attempt to injure our guys instead of playing. We were also very disorganised in the 1st which allowed them to stay in the game in the first place.

Hopefully Malkin hasn't broken his arm or wrist. We're lucky Dumoulin isn't concussed or worse.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Might be time for cullen to rest for a few games, he looked sluggish tonight to say the least.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
People need to realize sooner or later that until real changes are made both roster-wise and with this team's ideals, we are wasting years of Sid and Geno's prime/career anyway.

Might as well lose with a purpose than get a participation trophy.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Looking at our schedule...still play Isles/Rags/Flyers more often. Don't look good for us if the Wings get hot. If we miss playoffs we will likely just trade our 1st in hopes we make the playoffs next year only to then lose yet another 1st. This team is ****ed once Crosby/Malkin get a little older, we will be like the Canucks.:laugh:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I just don't see how this team can make the playoffs if Geno is out for any length of time. Kunitz will go back to being a sloth next game, because he only really tries when he's threatened with losing his spot. Having only 2/3rds of a scoring line won't be enough to get in. It's probably all for the best anyway.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
-NHL, can't let a game between bottom feeders and a team trying to make the playoffs turn into a score settling match. Good on the Pens for focusing on winning the game when one team clearly didn't care about doing that.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
The Jackets look like a team that has absolutely zero expectations that they can win. Thuggish and not very good.

Evgeni McCrosby*

The Jackets are the most dirty team in the league along with the Flyers. **** you Tortorella, you're a ****ing dumbass

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
People need to realize sooner or later that until real changes are made both roster-wise and with this team's ideals, we are wasting years of Sid and Geno's prime/career anyway.

Might as well lose with a purpose than get a participation trophy.

What's a 16th first rounder going to do though, realistically? I mean I'd love to have that first but you're most likely not getting an impact player there unless we hugely luck out.

The East is weak aside from the Caps. The Pens would have as much a chance as anybody else if they got in (health permitting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad