Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Caps 1: Because Kunitz Maattas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Cole - Schultz were a pretty good pairing for us, but does that mean you give Lovejoy to Letang? Yuck. Even if Lovejoy only plays 15 min while Letang puts up 30+, I'd rather not see Lovejoy with him those 15. And they of course won't put Pouliot in and with Letang.

I'm curious as to what Sullivan will do to address the defense. Ideally he would scratch Kunitz, roll 7 D, and have Malkin shift some with different linemates instead of saddling him with 2 anchors, though Fehr has at least shown a slight pulse of late.

So far he's amused himself in an interview by not answering but said they have a couple of guys available to him. They'll go with Schultz or Pouliot, and Letang will play a lot.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I read something about Ovi throwing a tantrum after the game. This true? Cliffs if possible.

He looked like he was screaming leaving the ice last night... he looked mad... I mean he has 1 assist in seven games vs us this year... his inner attention ***** diva is clearly sulking

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So far he's amused himself in an interview by not answering but said they have a couple of guys available to him. They'll go with Schultz or Pouliot, and Letang will play a lot.

If Byslma was here Mark Eaton would be signed today... its kind of nice we are going to play young, inexperienced, talented guys instead

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
Flyer fan here and as much as i hate to say it and shudder at the thought, penguins will raise the cup this year. I dont think any team can stop you this year. I picked the pens before the playoffs started and your team's play in the first 2 rounds reinforced it. You dont have the most talented defensemen overall but the defensive system you guys play is impressive....i wish i am wrong about my prediction, but i dont see anyone in the east stop you. You might run into some trouble with the blues, but shouldnt happen.

Injuries are the wild card.If the caps dont take out crosby malkin or letang, there isnt a team out there that should beat the penguins.

We expect nothing less. It is an honor to have that prediction from our hated friends to the east. We are glad you played washington in the first round, which is why we let you in the playoffs. ;)

Jesper

Apr 13, 2007
Mannheim
If Byslma was here Mark Eaton would be signed today... its kind of nice we are going to play young, inexperienced, talented guys instead

Haha... remember his 2nd stint with the pens?

"Eaton signs a PTO with the Baby Pens"

We were like: yeah... it's a tryout... doesn't really mean a thing for the Pens.

Week later: "Pens sign Eaton to a league minimum 2-way contract"

Everybody like: yeah... need someone teaching the kids down there...

Two weeks later he was Letang's partner and Despres in the doghouse... **** DB :shakehead:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad