Bickel–Dumba

Goaltenders

Kuemper
Bryzgalov

Last edited:

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Sundqvist has been playing strong, smart hockey so the obvious next step is to play him with The Great One.

I expect (read: hope) we see Kapanen play some shifts with Crosby for this one.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I would hope it ends up more like this:

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Kapanen - Ebbett - Hornqvist
Comeau - Sundqvist - Downie
Carcillo - Sill - Adams

I wasn't aware that Sundqvist was a center. That is a much better lineup.

Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
No Evgeni Malkin or Robert Bortuzzo here. Doesn't look like there's any Philip Samuelsson (in lineup tonight) either.

HMMM, he is still on the Penguin's website as playing. I'll update the post when I figure out who the 6th defender will be. As of right now, it appears he is just not at practice. Nothing official on whether he will be playing still or not.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
No Evgeni Malkin or Robert Bortuzzo here. Doesn't look like there's any Philip Samuelsson (in lineup tonight) either.

Smart. Put him in the official lineup and then secretly try to sneak him through waivers. :sarcasm:

penguins2946*

I really hope we see Kunitz-Crosby-Kapanen and not Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis for the entire game.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I really hope we see Kunitz-Crosby-Kapanen and not Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis for the entire game.

Agreed. We already know what Duper looks like with Sid, it would be nice to get a different look. Isn't that was pre-season is for? Johnston has done pretty well so far, so I'm confident we'll get a look with those two on the same line.

penguins2946*

And just as we were talking about it:

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 2m
The #Pens have assigned defenseman Philip Samuelsson and forward Pierre-Luc Leblond to @WBSPenguins. Release → http://pens.pe/1qOhrx7

penguins2946*

I don't think he'll get claimed either way, unless the Islanders need another bottom pair D. I'm guessing that means we'll go with Martin, Letang, Ehrhoff, Maatta, Despres, Scuderi and Bortuzzo (if he's healthy) for the opener. What if Bort is hurt though? Who gets gets callup?

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don't think he'll get claimed either way, unless the Islanders need another bottom pair D. I'm guessing that means we'll go with Martin, Letang, Ehrhoff, Maatta, Despres, Scuderi and Bortuzzo (if he's healthy) for the opener. What if Bort is hurt though? Who gets gets callup?

Harrington? Has looked somewhat solid.

penguins2946*

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Sidney Crosby to miss tonight’s game due to his grandmother’s funeral. Click here for an updated #Pens lineup → http://pens.pe/1mDpzW4

???

Why the hell wouldn't Crosby tell Johnston about this ahead of time before they put the lineup out?

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Why the hell wouldn't Crosby tell Johnston about this ahead of time before they put the lineup out?

My thoughts exactly. It's super weird the way they went about announcing tonight's roster. That's now two player who were on it not playing tonight for reasons that should have been known hours, even a day, before the roster went out.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
We have 1 more game on Wednesday before the season starts. Would be nice if our #1 center wasn't Sutter in that game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad