GDT: Penguins vs Carolina: Feel Good Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Carolina is always tough.
One thing we don’t do against them is put enough shots on goal…now would be a great time for the PP to figure things out…Car has like a PP goal in every game during their winning streak lately…probably why they’re winning a lot lately

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From Taylor…I know Jarry played well last game (minus the OT breakaway) but he and Ned have split games against the Canes this season and Jarry gave up 3-4 goals and Ned only gave up one in our sole win against this club in two seasons…so why start Jarry lol?

“Good morning from PNC Arena, where the Penguins are having an optional morning skate shortly. I’ll have live updates below.

Alex Nedeljkovic is skating and Tristan Jarry is not. Normally that’s an indication that Jarry is playing.

• Participating in the skate: Nedeljkovic, P.O Joseph, Chad Ruhwedel, Evgeni Malkin, Ryan Shea, Valtteri Puustinen, Radim Zohorna

Mike Sullivan said they weren’t sure whether they’ll have a forward officially recalled to be the extra by game time, they’re still figuring some things out. ICYMI in the feed last night, it looks like Colin White will be that guy if it does become official.

• Sullivan confirms Jarry will start. “

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'd start Jarry.

The easiest way to handle the goalie situation is that it's your net until you have a bad game (minus back-to-back's and the usual getting the other guy a game to keep him sharp/you rested). Ned gave up 3 goals on 9 shots. He's out. Jarry played well the rest of the game. It's now his net.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Who even is their goalie? Kochetkov’s out.
Raanta…he played the first Canes game against us and only gave up 2 goals…

I'd start Jarry.

The easiest way to handle the goalie situation is that it's your net until you have a bad game (minus back-to-back's and the usual getting the other guy a game to keep him sharp/you rested). Ned gave up 3 goals on 9 shots. He's out. Jarry played well the rest of the game. It's now his net.
See I think that’s stupid…you should look at the analytics of each goalie against the particular opponent…Ned has something to prove against his former club whereas Jarry has lost a lot of games against Carolina lol

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
See I think that’s stupid…you should look at the analytics of each goalie against the particular opponent…Ned has something to prove against his former club whereas Jarry has lost a lot of games against Carolina lol
Ned on the road has a .901 SV% and a 3.25 GAA
Jarry on the road has a .911SV% and a 2.52 GAA

Which splits should we believe?

Also, Ned had given up 2 goals in 2 games in his career against Vancouver. Then he gave up 3 on 9 shots the other night. I'm more worried about how a guy's playing at the time than I am what he's done in the past. Admittedly, both have been kind of boom or bust lately, but Jarry's probably feeling good after the last game. I'd try to keep it going for him and hopefully he gets on a roll. And if not, then hopefully Ned does next game.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If/when White comes up...GOODBYE PUS!!! we don't like players that produce when given the opportunity, that's why we stay mediocre and love it!!!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Damn Caps are winning…Pens about to be back in 7th in Metro…and probably 4 points out of WC2 when we lose tonight…

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So should Ned have stopped the Boeser backdoor goal or the redirects in the slot?
I have no interest in arguing over individual goals. First, we would be here all day. Second, I think it tends to even out over time (at least when on the same team).

Since the 7-0 game against Toronto, they've gone with Ned as the defacto starter. He has a .902 SV% (compared to .935 before that). Jarry since the Toronto game has a .917 (compared to .917 before that).

Ned's been great and I was one of the few that liked that signing in the offseason, but I think they are better off with Jarry as the starter and Ned as the backup. And since Jarry played great in relief on Thursday, I have no problem giving him the start tonight. Ned might not like it, but them's the breaks.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
33F41DF3-7337-4C1C-BEB9-8A2A22D2BDCE.jpeg

Reactions: Jacob

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I have no interest in arguing over individual goals. First, we would be here all day. Second, I think it tends to even out over time (at least when on the same team).

Since the 7-0 game against Toronto, they've gone with Ned as the defacto starter. He has a .902 SV% (compared to .935 before that). Jarry since the Toronto game has a .917 (compared to .917 before that).

Ned's been great and I was one of the few that liked that signing in the offseason, but I think they are better off with Jarry as the starter and Ned as the backup. And since Jarry played great in relief on Thursday, I have no problem giving him the start tonight. Ned might not like it, but them's the breaks.
So basically we agree that he was f***ed there, and "3 goals on 9 shots" means nothing other than bad defense.

I got no problem with them coming close to splitting starts by season's end. This might lead to both goalies being available for the playoffs, in the unlikely case that we qualify.

Don't care who's making bigger money. This is working just fine. They lose for other reasons. Just ride the hot hand. Atm it's Jarry, I guess. He indisputably stole that point.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Not sure why they didn't put Smith on IR if he's going to be out longer term unless they got unexpectedly good news. But White is up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in the lineup sooner or later.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Caps are a -25 point differential and they have one less regulation loss than the Pens…how bad are the Pens at seizing victory from the jaws of defeat?…they are so unclutch, just like their finishing lol

Reactions: cygnus47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad