Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Marcantuoni to Arizona for Jeffrey, O'Donoghue, Melindy

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Marcantuoni has been in and out of the lineup due to injuries all season, has played only 26 games between WBS and Wheeling. Won't be missed I guess. Jeffrey is a ppg forward at the AHL level and will bring much-needed scoring depth to the Baby Pens.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know DJ is for WBS, but if he didn't wreck his knee, that guy was going to be a solid 3rd line C/W. He improved his skating so much that year and always had a decent hockey IQ and skill, but then that injury...it was hard to watch him crawl with is busted knee.

It's why I consider this team lucky for Malkin coming back and not being done from his knee injury, on the flip side, DJ is the opposite end of that scenario, poor guy.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I thought Marcantuoni was on the brink of putting it all together at the end of last season, but he did absolutely nothing this year.

Oh well.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I thought Marcantuoni was on the brink of putting it all together at the end of last season, but he did absolutely nothing this year.

Oh well.

Kuhn was one of those guys that was always on the cusp but then he would get hurt. I guess they don't want too many of those prospects in the system where they are often injured and it sets them back, especially for bottom 6 players that don't offer as much as someone like Rust, Wilson and Sundqvist do.

I can see why they'd dump him, it's finally shedding some fat. But getting those 2 ECHL turds...I hope they're just 1yr contract types, really don't want this team to waste contract spots on junk like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad