Penguins the team other fans love to hate.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
Would you say the Penguins are the #1 Team other fans love to hate?

There is no talking to other fans and talking about the Penguins in any rational manner, they simply come back with negative comments and the Penguins are Dirty, Cheap, Whiners and Divers.

With that being said it's time we just embrace the hate and when folks whine, ***** moan and complain about our boys respond with a Thanks and :handclap:

This season has been a lot of fun to watch, with the transition from systems, getting some tough hard nosed players up here, win or lose this playoffs I really believe this is a foundational year and I think they will win the Cup next year.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
I've never hated on Montreal, but I can see with their history that other teams and fans cant stand them.

For me will always be Philly whom I cant stand the most.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Over the last 30 years we've drafted Mario, Jagr, Geno and Sid. Most other teams, maybe all other teams haven't drafted one player as good. Plus we tanked, we tanked hard to get Mario. We deserve a little hate for our great luck.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Would you say the Penguins are the #1 Team other fans love to hate?

There is no talking to other fans and talking about the Penguins in any rational manner, they simply come back with negative comments and the Penguins are Dirty, Cheap, Whiners and Divers.

With that being said it's time we just embrace the hate and when folks whine, ***** moan and complain about our boys respond with a Thanks and :handclap:

This season has been a lot of fun to watch, with the transition from systems, getting some tough hard nosed players up here, win or lose this playoffs I really believe this is a foundational year and I think they will win the Cup next year.

Throw in the "Bettman rigged the lottery so you could get Crosby" BS too.

I always like when the morons say "Well no wonder all the fans from other teams hate your team". As if us Penguin fans are suppose to be concerned what imbeciles who are jealous think about the Penguins. I didn't realize hockey teams are supposed to be universally liked by everyone. The hypocrisy from them is humorous. Whenever Crosby talks to a ref, he is whining. When their captain does it he is only getting information. When a Penguin throws a questionable hit he is dirty and cheap. When their player does it it's called a good hockey play and so on and so on.

The Pens will always be disliked which is fine by me as long as long as they keep winning and pissing off other fans.:nod:

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
The Bruins are probably still the most hated as a team, but the Penguins are pretty up there. The Pens have the added bonus of being hated for having multiple generational talents though.

2m5ge3a.gif

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
We're getting close to becoming the team I always wanted us to be. I don't really care about other teams' fans. But I really hated last season when teams would purposely play a more skilled lineup and bench their tougher players when playing against us.

I really believe the worm is turning.

I just think we need an enforcer to finalize the deal.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I'd have to say the Pens just based off of the general discussion and comments I see on any Facebook page that posts something Pens related.

I'd have to say Crosby in general - all the grown men wasting so much time of their lives to cry about Crosby crying always amuses me.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If they're actually earning the hate I'll happily take it, that way you get the perks of the actions instead of the soft mess of a team getting hated while everyone is abused without any push back.

A lot of teams are hated though, it's the internet. If you aren't hated then you're probably doing something wrong.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Throw in the "Bettman rigged the lottery so you could get Crosby" BS too.

I always like when the morons say "Well no wonder all the fans from other teams hate your team". As if us Penguin fans are suppose to be concerned what imbeciles who are jealous think about the Penguins. I didn't realize hockey teams are supposed to be universally liked by everyone. The hypocrisy from them is humorous. Whenever Crosby talks to a ref, he is whining. When their captain does it he is only getting information. When a Penguin throws a questionable hit he is dirty and cheap. When their player does it it's called a good hockey play and so on and so on.

The Pens will always be disliked which is fine by me as long as long as they keep winning and pissing off other fans.:nod:

We also don't have any good players. They only play well because of Crosby and Malkin.

LionelHutz*

We also don't have any good players. They only play well because of Crosby and Malkin.

Sid made Hornqvist, he never did anything before being trade to Pittsburg, because Kansas has a team, not the city in Pennsylvania with an "H" at the end.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Over the last 30 years we've drafted Mario, Jagr, Geno and Sid. Most other teams, maybe all other teams haven't drafted one player as good. Plus we tanked, we tanked hard to get Mario. We deserve a little hate for our great luck.

How do you tank when your previous yrs 1st round pick was Bob freaking Errey? The organization was a joke from top to bottom back then. That being said, it wasn't just us that was tanking the season either. It was a race between us and the Devils. We just happened to be better at it then them.

DawgPens

Jul 10, 2012
Athens, GA
Montreal is pretty high on that list too. Everybody loves to hate on them.

I think a lot of teams are disliked. Toronto and Montreal both garner a lot of hate. Vancouver seemed pretty disliked a few years ago, and Boston too. Success tend to breed contempt. I think people resent having Crosby shoved down their throats, but overall, I don't see the Pens hatred as being any worse than other teams.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I'm with Kikker on this one. Boston, with its amazing sundry of stand-up players and its super-knowledgable fans and its always impartial play-by-play guy, wins in a landslide.

LionelHutz*

I'm with Kikker on this one. Boston, with its amazing sundry of stand-up players and its super-knowledgable fans and its always impartial play-by-play guy, wins in a landslide.

To to mention all the racial tolerance and nonsexual discrimination.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I really have no problem if other teams fans dislike us. Must mean we are doing something right.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love it.

If other fans hated this team and us and the team was terrible, then it'd kind of suck. But when you're at the top and people hate you even when you are missing key players, it's just a case of "Haters Gon' Hate" and I love it.

Nei1ey*

its still better than when we were worthless in the early 2000s, and no one really cared about us one way or the other. If they're hating, you know you're doing something right.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00