Penguins/Steelers bars in San Francisco

Ian Altenbaugh

May 24, 2008
Pittsburgh
Greetings fellow Penguins fans. I'll be spending eight days in San Francisco (Fisherman's Warf area) starting the 1st of February and was wondering if there were any bars or taverns that are known to air Penguins games.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Shanghai Kelly's is a well-known Steelers bar in Russian Hill. i've never been there during hockey season but i bet they show Pens games.

Giordano Bros in North Beach serves some pretty good Primantis knockoffs. they have Steeler games and Yuengling. think they show Pens playoff games too but i've never been around during a regular season game.

most bars are pretty friendly when it comes to requests to watch out-of-town sports. only time i coudln't catch a break is when my buddy and I wanted to watch the Michigan-Nebraska game concurrently with Game 3 of the World Series. but that's a request that's not going to get honored in any town. :D

i watched game 7 of the Montréal series in a dive in Santa Clara. i'd just half-assed a law school final and rushed into the bar closest to where my car was parked. was quite surprised to see that they were playing that game. but i think back then everybody was carrying Versus.

Last edited:

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007
Saw the Pens win the Stanley Cup at Giordano's. It was amazing.

Also saw a lot of action at the 3rd Street Ale House across from the Metreon in SoMA. Decent wings, good beers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad