Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Thomas Di Pauli (2 years/$742,500 base)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

The Penguins signed Notre Dame center Thomas DiPauli, his agent, Peter Donatelli, said.

A two-way center known to play a high-energy game, DiPauli was born in Italy but moved to Illinois when he was 12. He broke out offensively in his final two seasons at Notre Dame. As a junior, he recorded 21 assists in 41 games. As a senior, he led the team with 14 goals in 37 games.

DiPauli, 22, will immediately slot in as one of the Penguins' top-10 prospects.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/10996816-74/penguins-dipauli-agent

More Info:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/fi...d-jimmy-vesey/
Di Pauli’s availability as a free agent has flown under the radar because of Vesey being on the market, but consecutive breakout years at Notre Dame should have a few teams talking to Di Pauli over the coming week. Di Pauli’s 14 goals and 32 points this past season were impressive, as was his shot total jumping by 45 from the 2014-15 campaign.

Drafted by the Capitals in the fourth round, 100th overall, in 2012, Di Pauli was one of the top 10 prospects in Washington’s system according to a panel of scouts surveyed for THN’s Future Watch 2016. There’s high hopes for his future, and he’s almost assured a spot in the AHL — and maybe even an NHL audition — come next season.

Coincidentally, Di Pauli shares an agent with Vesey, and Peter Fish has said much of the same about Di Pauli that he has said of Vesey. Fish told the Washington Post’s Isabelle Khurshudyan that Di Pauli wants to see what’s out there and where the best fit might be. On a deep Washington club, he might have had trouble cracking the lineup in the next few seasons.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/thomas_di-pauli/

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If you wanna check out some game action. Here's his last game played at ND:

He's #14/LW/C.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If you wanna check out some game action. Here's his last game played at ND:

He's #14/LW.

I noticed how complete of a game he plays, at times he does a few things in the D-zone that seem "rookie-ish" but for the most part, he looks like he'd be a great fit on Sid's LW actually or if Hagelin moves up with Sid, a solid cog on the HBK line as H's replacement.

I don't see him as a C, he looks good as a LW.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The fact that he was a Caps pick makes it all the sweeter.

For me, it will be sweeter when he cracks the team and is an impact player in the NHL. Then we not only stole a guy they drafted and couldn't sign, but he then became a solid piece on the Pens.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Nice job. Gotta love free prospects. JR has snagged a few decent ones this year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He's #14/LW.

yEsQR2k.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If the Penguins sign Vesey as well, they need to move Kunitz next, not only for cap reasons but because I am pretty sure both kids could probably supplant his ass on the roster.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I noticed how complete of a game he plays, at times he does a few things in the D-zone that seem "rookie-ish" but for the most part, he looks like he'd be a great fit on Sid's LW actually or if Hagelin moves up with Sid, a solid cog on the HBK line as H's replacement.

I don't see him as a C, he looks good as a LW.

I see the same thing.
Although he's on the small side, he's very strong and willing to throw his weight around/assert himself.

I easily put him in our top 10 prospects or top 8'ish.

:laugh:

mgd525

May 18, 2007
Or just fehr. I'd like both gone.

Kunitz has one year left on his contract. He played very well against the Lightning and Sharks. He was below average to **** for the 90+ games before it. I'm not arguing he shouldn't be traded by any means. Fehr might surprise some this year with a healthy off season ect. I just want MAF gone. His cap hit is basically the same as both Kunitz and Fehr combined. Plus Fehr and Kunitz can't cost the Penguins Murray. MAF's almost 5.7m of dead weight. Splitting starts with Murray and every playoff game you are as scared as if a rookie goalie is in net. It's Ludacris MAF is going to be wearing a Pens Jersey this season. The Pens could have went into free agency with almost the entire team in tact and had over 9 million in cap to replace Kunitz(a 3rd line winger at best at this point) and MAF( a solid top 15 regular season goalie and a proven playoff liability).

Last edited:

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Clark Donatelli doesn't seem to have many fans in this forum. Well his brother just hooked us up with a free prospect.

Vesey's agent used to play college hockey with Mike Sullivan. Now lets use that connection next.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Kunitz has one year left on his contract. He played very well against the Lightning and Sharks. He was below average to **** for the 90+ games before it. I'm not arguing he shouldn't be traded by any means. Fehr might surprise some this year with a healthy off season ect. I just want MAF gone. His cap hit is basically the same as both Kunitz and Fehr combined. Plus Fehr and Kunitz can't cost the Penguins Murray. MAF's almost 5.7m of dead weight. Splitting starts with Murray and every playoff game you are as scared as if a rookie goalie is in net. It's Ludacris MAF is going to be wearing a Pens Jersey this season. The Pens could have went into free agency with almost the entire team in tact and had over 9 million in cap to replace Kunitz(a 3rd line winger at best at this point) and MAF( a solid top 15 regular season goalie and a proven playoff liability).

tumblr_oc5ko1jr1N1txyx4lo1_1280.png

???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad