Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Stuart Percy (1 year, $575k, 2-way)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Good signing. Had some good promise in Toronto was shuffled around and then got injured. Happy

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
photo.php

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
He's another Erixon at worse, which isn't a bad thing. He could still have some upside to his game but I wouldn't bank too much on it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like Elliot Rodger.

Will probably compete with Erixon for the #7 spot, I think.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
At one time, Leafs fans had hopes for him similar to what I have for Harrington. Wonder how they're taking it.

Interested to see how he pans out here.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Curious about this one, Pens have a decent track record of helping defensemen out. I remember this kid having some serious hype at the draft.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's pretty young. He's younger than Prow and a year older than Bengtsson. So it's kinda hard to judge his play in the AHL/NHL thus far when guys coming out of college or Europe are still considered like, untapped prospects.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
At one time, Leafs fans had hopes for him similar to what I have for Harrington. Wonder how they're taking it.

Interested to see how he pans out here.

It seems Percy and Harrington's career paths have mirrored one another.

At one time, both were considered safe bets to be #4-6 defensemen at the NHL level, but both thus far have failed to reach those heights. Now both are seen a bit more as #6/7 tweeners.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Not too familiar with this guy, but seems like it's a good signing based on what people here are saying. Good depth move, I'd say.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Percy is the guy I wanted in the Kessel deal. Happy they nabbed him.

Have to see if he can turn it around after his injury woes, but he is a good depth guy that I think can be called up and play on your bottom pair and hold the fort down.

Once he gets in a groove, he is not going to hurt you when he plays.

Last edited:

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Percy is the guy I wanted in the Kessel deal. Happy they nabbed him.

Have to see if he can turn it around after his injury woes, but he is a good depth guy that I think can be called up and play on your bottom pair and hold the fort down.

One he gets in a groove, he is not going to hurt you when he plays.

Jiggy,

I remember last year we both hoped he would come back in a Kessel deal if it included Maatta or DP. I hope he is fully healed and can work on his skating a bit, but his hockey IQ is solid and he has some offense.

With J. Martin coming back, I think he along with Gonch can help him elevate his game.

Toronto is kind of a toxic situation for a young player with expectations. Here he can come in as a depth guy and work on his weaknesses.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Jiggy,

I remember last year we both hoped he would come back in a Kessel deal if it included Maatta or DP. I hope he is fully healed and can work on his skating a bit, but his hockey IQ is solid and he has some offense.

With J. Martin coming back, I think he along with Gonch can help him elevate his game.

Toronto is kind of a toxic situation for a young player with expectations. Here he can come in as a depth guy and work on his weaknesses.

He can be a Dumo-lite if it works out for him. He is pretty unspectacular, but steady. Once in awhile he will make a really nice play that makes you say "damn" (in a good way) when he has the puck.

It's a pretty low risk signing that could pay off.

Without knowing much about the other UFAs they signed in the spring, I'd say Percy could be one of their best blueliners in the A.

That isn't saying much, but still.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Seems like he's got a bit more upside than Harrington, offset by the injury history. All things considered he seems like a great signing for essentially free. Moderate upside for no real risk.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Love this signing , Percy is still young and has some potential.

Maatta - Letang
Dumoulin - Daley
Pouliot/Percy - Cole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad