Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Chuck Kobasew to PTO

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If we're talking about a 13th forward I'd prefer Kobasew to Jeffrey but I guess it doesn't matter a ton.

Probably the biggest reason is that Jeffrey is young and probably deserves to be traded elsewhere rather than sit in the press box.. where as Kobasew is a finished product.

Trepanated

Jan 11, 2007
Is it just me, or does Kobasew's last name sound like a Michel Therrien mispronunciation?

Just me? Okay then.

But seriously, in my head I always here this guy's name in MT's voice.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
I am going to so enjoy the Winter Olympics. Having to root for the team coached by Disco Dan has become positively deflating. Without rooting interest, it will be an awful lot of fun to watch the implosion.

The thinking is ALWAYS to bring in a vet to challenge the kid. The problem is, the kid rarely wins the battle and then we're left stuck with another veteran bottom sixer.

I truly believe the coaching staff's biggest problem is they simply can't get past their first impressions of a player, no matter what. Bennett is the obvious best example. The guy did EVERYTHING asked and then went above and beyond to fit in with how this team likes to play, and he's STILL not seen as an automatic for the roster. Remember how PHYSICAL Bennett was in the playoffs? That still wasn't enough.

Oh, and the mere idea of Tanner Glass still being on the roster, let alone getting a shot at MORE ice time, is more grounds for the coach's dismissal. The list is lengthy my friends, and will only get lengthier. Alas, he's not going anywhere.

Gretzky and Lemieux both arrived in their primes and want to play with Sid but sorry you can't break up Sid, Kunitz and Dupuis the best line in hockey

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Is it just me, or does Kobasew's last name sound like a Michel Therrien mispronunciation?

:laugh:

Indeed it does.

"So the udda dey, I driving to the arena and dey digging everything up. I see dese big eart moving machines and ona dem says 'Kobasew'... so i pull over to da guy and I ask... 'what da hell is a Kobasew'? It's like da marketing team who name dis machine dohn care."

Komatsu-PC5500-1T7001.jpg

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Indeed it does.

"So the udda dey, I driving to the arena and dey digging everything up. I see dese big eart moving machines and ona dem says 'Kobasew'... so i pull over to da guy and I ask... 'what da hell is a Kobasew'? It's like da marketing team who name dis machine dohn care."

Komatsu-PC5500-1T7001.jpg

And, he STILL sounds like that. And I get to hear him every morning when I wake up. Some wake up to Jimi or Zeppelin. I wake up to Michel Therrien quotes in broken english on TSN 690. To each his/her own.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
And, he STILL sounds like that. And I get to hear him every morning when I wake up. Some wake up to Jimi or Zeppelin. I wake up to Michel Therrien quotes in broken english on TSN 690. To each his/her own.

You could do a lot worse. I'd actually get a kick out of that probably. Morning radio usually blows, regardless of channel.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
It wasn't long ago that he had back to back 20 goal seasons with the Bruins. On top of that he's a defensively responsible player. I agree that this is definitely a low risk, potentially high reward type of signing (much like D'Agostini). Kobasew will make an excellent bottom 6 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad