Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Sharks - KCD lives!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
rOOKJcN.jpg

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
You've gotta be kidding me. Honestly that's worse news than KCD in my opinion. It confirms that Scuds will remain in the lineup when Maatta is back.

It really is. We can't fix the defense with a trade as long as it simply displaces one of Maatta, Dumo or Cole. I can see them sitting literally anyone except Letang over Scuds at this point, and it's gotten old.

I am starting to think MJ is trying to hasten the eventual firing so he can kick back in Florida or Vancouver or wherever on the Pens buck and plan for his next junior coaching job.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Not watching this one. It's nationally-televised (so not on GCL), and my Penguins on the Xbox One are doing better anyway. Traded Kunitz, Dupuis, Scuderi and Lovejoy for pucks and picks.

Felt better than yelling at a TV, at least...

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Looks like Clendening is out for Warsofsky tonight.

The incompetence never ends.

Could be that Clendening is under the weather - lots of that going around.

Could also be that they wanted to get Warsofsky in and didn't want to move Cole or Lovejoy to the top pairing w/ Letang.

Or it could be that they wanted to get Warsofsky in and still don't trust Dumoulin to play on the PK, for whatever reason. Scuderi, Lovejoy, Letang, and Cole all play 2:30-3:00 per night on the PK while Dumoulin and Maatta are at 0:37 and 0:32 respectively.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh

Could also be that they wanted to get Warsofsky in and didn't want to move Cole or Lovejoy to the top pairing w/ Letang.

Or it could be that they wanted to get Warsofsky in and still don't trust Dumoulin to play on the PK, for whatever reason. Scuderi, Lovejoy, Letang, and Cole all play 2:30-3:00 per night on the PK while Dumoulin and Maatta are at 0:37 and 0:32 respectively.

Regardless, Scuderi is still playing, and that hurts my soul.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Or you could look at the obvious and see that Scuderi is viewed as one of the best 6 dmen on the team.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Who's with me in rooting for a humiliating loss, and a bad all around road trip?

Bylsma annoyed me, but I don't think I hated him. What I feel about Johnston and the organization trumps all of that.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Who's with me in rooting for a humiliating loss, and a bad all around road trip?

Bylsma annoyed me, but I don't think I hated him. What I feel about Johnston and the organization trumps all of that.

Dunno bro, i either wish they gel & win it all or some suspects (the usual) dissolve into acid which could be used to wash MJ...

fastb

Mar 26, 2006
San Mateo, CA

Not me. But that's mostly because this is my yearly "watch the Pens lose in San Jose" experience, and I'm hoping for at least a competitive game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I can't root for the team to lose. It's just not in me.

That said I won't be as disappointed as I'd normally be should the Pens go on a terrible losing streak.

So right now for me it's win/win I guess. If we win, great, we won. If we lose, well, maybe that brings the change we need.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Clendening out for the AHL fodder it seems. Makes sense in MJ land, he hade a less than stellar game. How about sitting Cole? who has been nothing like the player he were last year.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Clendening out for the AHL fodder it seems. Makes sense in MJ land, he hade a less than stellar game. How about sitting Cole? who has been nothing like the player he were last year.

Just another example of selective accountability. Bench a young talented player for making a high risk pass that fails. How about instructing him and letting him play through it?

The upside to a guy like him is so much higher than a Scuderi and the downside is what, a better transition defender but worse zamboni?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad