GDT: Penguins @ Senators Sat Dec 23 7pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
:pens:fence::sens

The Penguins play their final game before the holiday break as they take on the Senators in Ottawa at 7:00 PM.

The game will be available to watch on SportsNet Pittsburgh locally and NHL Network nationally. Fans can listen to the game on the Penguins app and on 105.9 the X.

Team Records: PIT (15-13-3) OTT (11-17-0)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We lost the last game against these guys…made Korpisalo look like the best goalie in the league and he outplayed Jarry…Ottawa’s top six is better than ours..they’re also faster

we better play more structured against them than we did last game…I also hope Sullivan starts Ned

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
OTT is just one of those teams that the Pens never seem confident against. Since the dawn of that franchise.

Edit: hmm they are .616 point% all time against the Senators in 112 games... Didn't feel like it though

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We lost the last game against these guys…made Korpisalo look like the best goalie in the league and he outplayed Jarry…Ottawa’s top six is better than ours..they’re also faster

we better play more structured against them than we did last game…I also hope Sullivan starts Ned
bEYqIoa.gif

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are getting healthy and Dubas knows that is what he needs to see before any moves. Sid is taking the team to better times here. Goaltending is good and once rust is back, the lines will be deeper and offer far more offense.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
lol…he’s worse than Korpi but we’ll get him a new multimillion dollar contract after tonight’s game…seriously though, they will be a non serious team who should trade Jake immediately after the freeze if they lose this game tonight…

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Ya know, it’s funny, one of the marks against Dubas as a GM in Toronto was signing good goaltenders yet that’s probably the biggest thing he’s nailed so far this year.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Jarry.. "There was no better option on the market"

Luckily Dubas convinced Ned to sign, though. I'm sure Ned could have gone to a more interesting market

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Ya know, it’s funny, one of the marks against Dubas as a GM in Toronto was signing good goaltenders yet that’s probably the biggest thing he’s nailed so far this year.
Let’s see Jarry’s game not continually decline after the all star game and then get hurt for the stretch run before we start handing out awards. I don’t think anyone has ever worried about Jarry being good for the first half of the season.

Glad we got Ned though, he’s a guy I thought they should target last year when Detroit waived him, but his contract was too high. The ironic thing is a similar thing may happen next year when a team gives him another large deal if his play keeps up.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just said it recently that I want to see more Ned. You overplay Jars and he starts to wilt. Hopefully not overplaying Ned now... regardless glad to see him in the cage. Dude has been lights out and deserves this opportunity. My bold prediction of the year is if this team makes some noise in the playoffs it will be because of Ned. (not really that bold. more of a vokoun saving the day with fleruy back in the day)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just said it recently that I want to see more Ned. You overplay Jars and he starts to wilt. Hopefully not overplaying Ned now... regardless glad to see him in the cage. Dude has been lights out and deserves this opportunity. My bold prediction of the year is if this team makes some noise in the playoffs it will be because of Ned. (not really that bold. more of a vokoun saving the day with fleruy back in the day)
But he didn't save the day....
5t1AaJZ.gif

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'm surprised that they're going with Ned. This means Jarry will have over 10 days between starts if he gets the first start after the break.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I just want to wish every poster a Very Merry & Blessed Christmas With Family & Friends! I know a lot of posters have me blocked but I still mean it for them too

Probably very few people here have actual hatred. At least I'd hope so.

We're all Pens fans end of the day. Merry Christmas

...even to the Fleury crybabies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

Oh brother. 2 years off of Pens Predict and you've done fell off your rocker.

I don't think we're really realizing how hard it is gonna be to make ANY ground based on our play, our schedule (yes against Metro - who we suck against), and our system. We are a 500 team and the longer that continues the more unlikely even a wildcard becomes. There's a big big reason this team kicked Johnston to the curb December 12th and not January 12th - and I believe that dude was at 500.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad