GDT: Penguins @ Sabres | First Niagara Center @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
No its really not. Dupuis is an actual NHL caliber player.

Not lately he isn't. I can't remember the last time I have seen him play this bad. He isn't even being effective on the forecheck at the moment. And I won't even get into his ability to accept a pass lately. Horrific.

Michael8771*

Not lately he isn't. I can't remember the last time I have seen him play this bad. He isn't even being effective on the forecheck at the moment. And I won't even get into his ability to accept a pass lately. Horrific.
Still, he's infinitely better than Sill.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Megna, obviously Bennett, bring in someone via a trade, the possibilities are many.

I was speaking about the 4th line.

Megna seems to be more of a AHL lifer to me. Every shot he gets up with the big boys he doesn't impress.

Michael8771*

I was speaking about the 4th line.

Megna seems to be more of a AHL lifer to me. Every shot he gets up with the big boys he doesn't impress.
Megna's an AHL lifer and Sill isn't or more accurately shouldn't be? Nah I'm not buying that. At least he has Speed and some degree of skill.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Megna's an AHL lifer and Sill isn't or more accurately shouldn't be? Nah I'm not buying that. At least has Speed and some degree of skill.

I don't think you understand, i'm not defending Sill. I agree he shouldn't be on the team. But Megna isn't exactly going to make me think the 4th line is much better with him on it either.

Although I will concede that options are pretty thin at the moment.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
True

No, Dupuis won't play this bad forever, Sill however will.

What makes you think that? Honestly, he's worse right now than Sill OR Adams, and I haven't seen even the smallest sign to suggest otherwise.

Michael8771*

What makes you think that? Honestly, he's worse right now than Sill OR Adams, and I haven't seen even the smallest sign to suggest otherwise.
Nah I don't buy that, Dupuis is better than both, regardless of what he's shown of late. Again he's not typically this bad. Sill on the other hand has shown almost nothing EVER.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014

Dupuis has been invisible for awhile now. The only time he isn't he's being noticed in a bad way.

Did you see the look on Malkin's face after he scored? I have never seen him with such a dead pan look before after scoring a goal. The poor guy looks miserable right now.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dupuis has been invisible for awhile now. The only time he isn't he's being noticed in a bad way.

Did you see the look on Malkin's face after he scored? I have never seen him with such a dead pan look before after scoring a goal. The poor guy looks miserable right now.

I actually posted that in the Dejan thread. More than anything, THAT should be ringing alarm bells for Johnston and JR.

Look, I thought the PP production would keep him happy about not getting the puck at ES. But, this slip from passable to pure funk has happened in like 3 games or so.

Michael8771*

I actually posted that in the Dejan thread. More than anything, THAT should be ringing alarm bells for Johnston and JR.

Look, I thought the PP production would keep him happy about not getting the puck at ES. But, this slip from passable to pure funk has happened in like 3 games or so.
Yep, but this is what happens when you sign a guy like Ehrhoff and give Sid your two best wings while leaving Geno with the scraps.

Michael8771*

I think your being too kind.
Maybe, but yes I'd be pretty discouraged if I was him. First JR said after trading Neal that he was ''going to make Geno happy''. When that didn't happen MJ insisted that Geno would be playing with Horny. Again that didn't happen either. And these things occurred after they traded away his favorite winger.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Maybe, but yes I'd be pretty discouraged if I was him. First JR said after trading Neal that he was ''going to make Geno happy''. When that didn't happen MJ insisted that Geno would be playing with Horny. Again that didn't happen either. And these things occurred after they traded away his favorite winger.

Guess his only hope for the moment is Bennett. But no one knows how long that will last.

Michael8771*

Guess his only hope for the moment is Bennett. But no one knows how long that will last.
MJ was suggesting he'd play with Sutter, which is ok provided we make a trade for a winger. I'm still waiting on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad