Recalled/Assigned: Penguins recall Simon Despres and Brian Gibbons

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Showcase for trade at the draft :)

Kidding aside, no suprise here. One of our few tradable assets wont be usable now after the Martin and letang injuries.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Safe to assume that Bennett won't be back then?

Not necessarily. If we assume Vitale being at practice means he's coming off of IR, we have the following healthy players:

Kunitz, Crosby, Malkin, Jokinen, Neal, Pyatt, Sutter, Kobasew, Glass, Vitale, Adams, Gibbons, Orpik, Niskanen, Maatta, Scuderi, Bortuzzo, Engelland, Despres, Fleury, Zatkoff.

That only puts us at a 21 man roster, so Bennett could still be coming off of IR. I still think Kobasew will be getting waived soon.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Talk about hittin a guy while he's down. DB gets embarrasses in the Olympics then has to come hope and see Des's fat ass our perform his Olympian.

Guy can't catch a break.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Injuries afforded Despres his chance, we are lucky on how deep we are defensively.

I'm probably going to think they now see no real way of going the hockey trade avenue.

They probably don't want to part with certain pieces, and the rest are not going to get you a longterm solution.

Go Despres and Gibby!

penguins2946*

Megna not getting called up probably means Bennett is close. Or at least I like to think that.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Megna not getting called up probably means Bennett is close. Or at least I like to think that.

It could also mean Conner is coming back, Conner was suppose to be out for 6 to 8 weeks, this Thursday will be 8 weeks for Conner.

Its sad to say but Conner coming back would help the pens, Conner has been one of the best 3rd line wingers pens have had all year.

penguins2946*

It could also mean Conner is coming back, Conner was suppose to be out for 6 to 8 weeks, this Thursday will be 8 weeks for Conner.

Its sad to say but Conner coming back would help the pens, Conner has been one of the best 3rd line wingers pens have had all year.

Yeah that wouldn't be bad either. Bennett would be the best, but Conner coming back would help as well.

Do the Pens practice today? The lines there could be a good indication on what the situation with Conner/Bennett is and how they'll use Despres.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah that wouldn't be bad either. Bennett would be the best, but Conner coming back would help as well.

Do the Pens practice today? The lines there could be a good indication on what the situation with Conner/Bennett is and how they'll use Despres.

Considering that the guys who were in the Olympics probably won't be practicing, I don't think the lines are going to indicate much of anything.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It has to be at least kind of a sad state of affairs if someone is saying that Chris friggin' Conner coming back could be a of use to the team and I'm grudgingly nodding my head in assent.

penguins2946*

Considering that the guys who were in the Olympics probably won't be practicing, I don't think the lines are going to indicate much of anything.

There will still be practice, and if Bennett is practicing with the rest of the team, we'll know that he's close. It probably won't show how Despres will be used though.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Conner and BB are working with Kadar before practice right now, i doubt either of them return to practice with the players today.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah, we don´t need Megna. We have healthy Pyatt & Kobasew now, so why bother? 10 days.. 10 days and if nothing happens, then we are going to the playoffs with Pyatt and possibly Kobasew.

penguins2946*

Conner and BB are working with Kadar before practice right now, i doubt either of them return to practice with the players today.

Okay that answers my question. Neither Bennett nor Conner will be back soon then, so I'll guess Pyatt-Sutter-Kobasew will be our 3rd line for the time being. What a great 3rd line.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
There will still be practice, and if Bennett is practicing with the rest of the team, we'll know that he's close. It probably won't show how Despres will be used though.

He could still be "close" even if he's not practicing with the rest of the team. Until everyone gets back from Russia, these practices mean very little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad