Penguins recall Marc-Andre Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool_*

I say if he wins tomorrow against buffalo (and looks really good) they'll move either Caron or Thibault (probably Caron). Fans won't accept Fleury playing well and winning his team games then being sent down anymore this season. It's basically his job to take.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Claypool said:
I say if he wins tomorrow against buffalo (and looks really good) they'll move either Caron or Thibault (probably Caron). Fans won't accept Fleury playing well and winning his team games then being sent down anymore this season. It's basically his job to take.

Maybe they are showcasing Fleury.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
topshelf331 said:
Maybe they are showcasing Fleury.
Yeah, right.

Caron and Thibault have GAA above 3.5 and save percentages lower than .890 and its Fleury they're going to trade. Nice logic.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Habs4Life said:
This cant be good for his development going back and forth between teams all the time.
Oh and it sure has affected his play.

He's only been the best goalie in the entire AHL and has mubers astronomically better that his other two teammates.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jon Prescription said:
I asked a simple question.

Why can't you give me a simple asnwer?

:dunno:

Perhaps because you have trolled Pens threads pretty consistently since causing trouble the Pens/Flyers GDT on our board? or maybe not . . . worry not, we have a luuuuuuuv thang for you too Jon.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:
:dunno:

Perhaps because you have trolled Pens threads pretty consistently since causing trouble the Pens/Flyers GDT on our board? or maybe not . . . worry not, we have a luuuuuuuv thang for you too Jon.

Poor baby can't get over it and give a simple answer.

I must've hurt you deep.

Reaaaal deep.

And "trolled" pretty consistently, eh? So a few posts here and there equates to "trolling consistently"? Alright there, buddy ;)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Now that that's over, can someone give me an answer instead of acting like a smart ***? I thought that the Pens were having financial trouble or something and couldn't afford to bring him up.

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Jon Prescription said:
Now that that's over, can someone give me an answer instead of acting like a smart ***? I thought that the Pens were having financial trouble or something and couldn't afford to bring him up.
I just got off the phone with Craig Patrick. He said yes.

The n00b King ©*

are they planning on keeping him up there yet? i mean this poor kid was recalled and sent back like 3 times...if i was a first rounder and that kind of crap kept happening to me, id get a lil annoyed...the Pens need a damn goalie and he's their man...now if they would just trade Crosby to get some really good D....

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Jon Prescription said:
BTW, I have a grand total of 8 posts in the Pens forum. I guess I must be the master troller!
I think some of them were deleted. ;)

This is bad news for Fleury's development. He could have really done some good things with another full AHL season.. Gotten some Calder Cup experience, etc. I figured the Penguins learned from their mistakes in 03-04 when they overexposed Fleury.

Transported Upstater

Jacobv2 said:
I think some of them were deleted. ;)

This is bad news for Fleury's development. He could have really done some good things with another full AHL season.. Gotten some Calder Cup experience, etc. I figured the Penguins learned from their mistakes in 03-04 when they overexposed Fleury.

It's almost a Catch-22 for Pittsburgh and Marc-Andre Fleury...

MAF is, in some ways, too good for the AHL, but the Penguins' grevious lack of defense makes a Penguin goalie a sitting duck, and Fleury would simply be shell-shocked being in front of that shooting gallery.

But I definitely agree with you that leaving MAF in the AHL isn't a bad choice. Though I'm historically mega-conservative with prospects...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad