Confirmed with Link: Penguins recall F Brian Gibbons from WBS

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I want to buy a Megna jersey, but should I wait to see if he gets a real number next year? 14 is Kunitz, 95 is Morozov, 41 is Bortuzzo.

22 is a D-Man number and 4 is Scuderi.

This leaves Megna with 59, 72, and 11.

Does anybody think it's OK for me to buy a Megna 59 Jersey?

Don't get me wrong, I love Despres and Maatta, but Megna is everything I thought we'd never have...

...and the holidays are coming up. Can I order a #59 Megna jersey and get away with it?

Don't get a Megna jersey until we know he's even going to make the team.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I want to buy a Megna jersey, but should I wait to see if he gets a real number next year? 14 is Kunitz, 95 is Morozov, 41 is Bortuzzo.

22 is a D-Man number and 4 is Scuderi.

This leaves Megna with 59, 72, and 11.

Does anybody think it's OK for me to buy a Megna 59 Jersey?

Don't get me wrong, I love Despres and Maatta, but Megna is everything I thought we'd never have...

...and the holidays are coming up. Can I order a #59 Megna jersey and get away with it?

I think 59 is just a random camp number. He wore 12 in WBS last year, and 19 there this year. I'm assuming he wore 12 because 19 was taken by Philippe Dupuis, I'd definitely wait.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Does anybody have that absurd monocle picture of Gibbons?

edit: got it.

bgibb_zps754d756f.png

Last edited:

ObsessedCreative*

If Geno is back next game, you're probably right.

I know I am and this is one time that I hate being right.

A 3rd line like that, that can produce, yet be defensively responsible is something that this team is sorely missing especially come playoff time.

But again why would we expect Dan to do anything right, especially come playoff time.

I also love the idea of have JJ there to take draws and be effective if Sutter gets the boot from the dot.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I know I am and this is one time that I hate being right.

A 3rd line like that, that can produce, yet be defensively responsible is something that this team is sorely missing especially come playoff time.

But again why would we expect Dan to do anything right, especially come playoff time.

I also love the idea of have JJ there to take draws and be effective if Sutter gets the boot from the dot.

Jussi - Sutter - Megna/Gibbons should be the 3rd line from here on out barring trades to make it better. Though with Geno back I don't know who would be the other top 6 wings to make that happen until we get Megna and Bennett back.

ObsessedCreative*

Jussi - Sutter - Megna/Gibbons should be the 3rd line from here on out barring trades to make it better. Though with Geno back I don't know who would be the other top 6 wings to make that happen until we get Megna and Bennett back.

Wait you don't mean JV isn't staying with Sid on line one!? :sarcasm:

Or I can see Disco still keeping KCD together even from LTIR :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Wait you don't mean JV isn't staying with Sid on line one!? :sarcasm:

Or I can see Disco still keeping KCD together even from LTIR :laugh:

JV honestly might go back with Sid when Neal goes back with Geno. But that still leaves Geno's LW, and you know Jussi goes right back to that spot. With the current line-up, I'm not sure what better options there are. We need Megna back asap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad