Recalled/Assigned: Penguins re-assign Harry Zolnierczyk and Brian Dumoulin to WBS

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Can't argue with that if players are returning from injury. Rather send down those two and/or Gibbons and Sill before sending down Despres. He should be the last to go down.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Can't argue with that if players are returning from injury. Rather send down those two and/or Gibbons and Sill before sending down Despres. He should be the last to go down.

What good is it doing Despres to sit in the press box? We are really doing this promising young talent a disservice just because our GM likes to collect D-men.

Michael8771*

What good is it doing Despres to sit in the press box? We are really doing this promising young talent a disservice just because our GM likes to collect D-men.
Despres IMO has been the most mismanaged player since RS took over. I think he's a good GM but not on this particular front.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

I'm not advocating Despres sitting in the box?

What I'm saying is that with the players coming back healthy, likely Malkin and Letang soon, Despres should be the last person to go down and should play until that eventuality is needed.

Scuderi is back, Letang isn't far, Orpik is back. How long for Martin?

Fire Shero*

Dumoulin will be in pens purgatory for the next 3 years.

penguins2946*

Sounds like this means Letang and Malkin are coming back tomorrow. Has Martin started skating yet?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Letang hasn't even skated with the team yet, it's possible about Malkin though i guess?

Was about to say this. I think both come back Friday. There's a chance Geno plays, but it seems unlikely based on practice today.

penguins2946*

Letang hasn't even skated with the team yet, it's possible about Malkin though i guess?

Why else would they send down 2 players if 2 players weren't coming back? Martin and Bennett aren't close, so I'd guess either a trade or someone will be coming back. We only have 12 F and 7 D on the roster.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Why else would they send down 2 players if 2 players weren't coming back? Martin and Bennett aren't close, so I'd guess either a trade or someone will be coming back. We only have 12 F and 7 D on the roster.

There's no point in keeping the WBS players up just to be healthy-scratched, especially Dumoulin.

There's a 0% chance Letang plays tomorrow.

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Really impressed with Zolnierczyk's hustle... hopefully he gets another chance this year, his speed created quite a few powerplays.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I Guess geno is back... also I am going to start calling Despres "Nasland2.0" until the organization proves me wrong.... Don't give him playing time... keep him on the lower half of the roster when he does play... then right as you are looking to trade him, put him in a prime position to get a better return.. then watch him tear up the league from afar

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
I'll take Scrabbles over Gladams any day; those two are just worthless. Scrabbles is basically Matt Cooke light and added some needed speed and agitation to the lineup. No qualms about Dumoulin being sent; it seemed he was either making a good play or bad play and AHL time will help.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Maata is supposedly already a Scratch for the game in Newark. Simon Despres, I suspect will play and I also think they're showcasing Engelland for a Trade. When Mark Madden goes on extended Rant on his Radio Show about how Bylsma favors Engelland, you can almost bet he's got the whole situation wrong about what GM Ray Shero is really doing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Fine, then why has Letang never been scratched? I mean, we'll go by your standards.

that doesn't mean the decision to sit Maatta is wrong, it just means, in your mind, that they mishandled Letang in the past.

You'll note, however, that they have disciplined Letang, as recently as this season, when he was demoted off of the top PP unit.

Blitzburgh87*

that doesn't mean the decision to sit Maatta is wrong, it just means, in your mind, that they mishandled Letang in the past.

You'll note, however, that they have disciplined Letang, as recently as this season, when he was demoted off of the top PP unit.

Scratch arguably our most consistent D-man?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00