Friedman: Penguins ramping up search for 3C; Riley Sheahan a possibility?

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Redwings fan, playing with capfriendly... what about?

Sheahan (2.075)
Ouellet (1.250)

for

Pouliot
18 2nd
19 3rd

I think it fits in your cap. I did the deal from the pittsburgh side and dropped players to make it fit but I'm unsure who you would actually drop. I went with Tinordi and Archibald. Not sure if that's right. But in that case it would leave 630k cap space. Full roster.

Another option is Sproul (625k) instead of Ouellet. This is preferable to the wings as Ouellet is a more valuable asset than Sproul, who like Pouliot is in danger of being put on waivers. The reason the wings may add Ouellet instead of Sproul is it would allow us to carry a roster of 23.

I would guess switching to Sproul would remove the 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?

If there's a deal to be made between the Wings and Pens, it really depends what AA signs for.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Redwings fan, playing with capfriendly... what about?

Sheahan (2.075)
Ouellet (1.250)

for

Pouliot
18 2nd
19 3rd

I think it fits in your cap. I did the deal from the pittsburgh side and dropped players to make it fit but I'm unsure who you would actually drop. I went with Tinordi and Archibald. Not sure if that's right. But in that case it would leave 630k cap space. Full roster.

Another option is Sproul (625k) instead of Ouellet. This is preferable to the wings as Ouellet is a more valuable asset than Sproul, who like Pouliot is in danger of being put on waivers. The reason the wings may add Ouellet instead of Sproul is it would allow us to carry a roster of 23.

I would guess switching to Sproul would remove the 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?

I was actually thinking it would be nice to also get Ouellett from the Wings in that deal. I think if you'd replace the 3rd with Kuhnhackl, I think it would be more workable.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
No ... not that at $$$ he got.

It's not even just the money, but the term he got as well. I don't think it's smart to give someone that's not a core player a 4-year deal, especially when he'll be in his 30s through much of that deal.

So, maybe it would have been okay to re-sign him at $4.1 million per year if it were a 1 or 2 year deal. But not on a 4 year deal.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Bellemare would be a better trade target. Signed for 2 years at cheap value, responsible defensively, good on pk and unlike Shahean can score.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Bellemare would be a better trade target. Signed for 2 years at cheap value, responsible defensively, good on pk and unlike Shahean can score.

Bellemare has never had more points in a season and other than this year, sheahen doubled him in goals.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Wait... you mean the same Bellemare who's career season (2 years ago) only exceeded Sheahan's worst season ever by 1 point? That Bellemare? Sorry... we're looking for a #3C, not a meh #4C. :shakehead

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How is AA's agent not fired yet? Johnson & AA both hold outs with the same agent who has a penchant for these things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad