TSN: Penguins ousted in the First Round in 2022

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Well it’s not Sullivan’s fault they lost even if he was uninspiring in his line decisions :dunno:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
200.gif

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I'm not surprised, and I'm not that concerned. He has developed a strong unchecked stubborn streak which this management team should be able to fix with clear left and right limits. Sullivan isn't why we lost this year.

I would prefer Tocchet but it is what it is. He might be better as an assistant.

Reactions: Daeni10 and vodeni

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Well it’s not Sullivan’s fault they lost even if he was uninspiring in his line decisions :dunno:

Stubborn with lines all year so he didn't have any alternatives when they sputtered, stubborn with a goalie who couldn't stop a sponge puck shot by Paul Martin, stubborn all the way to a 3rd straight 1st round loss against a lesser opponent.

The loss this year was in good part due to Sullivan and his pigheadedness.

Not only that, but this team was built to play "Sullivan hockey", which means we can look forward to more speedy straight line wingers with little to nothing in the way of size, physical play, or creativity.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Can they at least fire Mike Buckley?

Throw us a scrap, at least?

I'd bet money they do not. Sullivan won't even switch out a winger, it's going to be the same team minus some of the UFA leaving/ED and a moderate priced/seemingly past his prime Vet goalie.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jarry gave him plausible deniability with that goaltending performance.
I think Jarry's performance pretty much guaranteed no one else could be blamed. I'm not enamored with Sully but I certainly cannot blame him for the reason we lost.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Sinking ship

He should have been let go last year...... his weak kneed lineup...lol....anyone watch how the Bruins matched and EXCEEDED the isles nasty?? More soff....maybe the plan is to miss the playoffs next year and have tons of picks.....if so, that would make sense,,,,the only sense.

fire Sully

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Stubborn with lines all year so he didn't have any alternatives when they sputtered, stubborn with a goalie who couldn't stop a sponge puck shot by Paul Martin, stubborn all the way to a 3rd straight 1st round loss against a lesser opponent.

The loss this year was in good part due to Sullivan and his pigheadedness.

Not only that, but this team was built to play "Sullivan hockey", which means we can look forward to more speedy straight line wingers with little to nothing in the way of size, physical play, or creativity.

Because Hextall and Burke are just going to abandon their plan because of Sullivan's preference.:huh:

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Two or three playoff home games can't be worth that much to the bottom line.
You're right, but 12 or so, in a "normal" season, makes a hell of a difference to a team like the Penguins. I know, the owner is a multi-billionaire who probably couldn't care less, but in term of the P&L and cashflow statements, post-season is big time important for franchises in smaller metro areas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad