Pre-Game Talk: Penguins Olympic Week Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
In other news, Taylor Pyatt is practicing with the healthy players. Bennett, Vitale and Conner skated with Kadar before practice.

Hurry up and heal, you delicate, magnificent *******.

Bennett's extended injury bothers me more than Tang or Martin's new ones, and by a considerable margin (from a purely on-ice perspective).

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Of course Bennett's injury is taking a unreal amount of time to heal. Olympic break is over and Sid's winger is going to Gibbions still.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I thought Despres looked decent on the right side in the few games he had to play there.

He played his best game and his worst game both on the right in a row so its hard to judge really. Plus he was with Orpik. If he's not going to play every game for 18+ minutes and see PP time, I say just leave him in the A and play Borts and Engo.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Niskanen wants a contract.

Yep.

And Niskanen's comment is pretty much "saying something without saying something". No one denies Bylsma a smart guy or a "player's coach". But sometimes teams need something other than a player's coach to get the most out of them. Like in various playoff series and international tournaments. And however smart he is watching film and drawing up plans in his office, he's not very smart when he's forced to adjust to another coach's gameplan that is working better than his. See also: Mike Babcock for Team Canada and CLODE Julien for Boston.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Yep. And no one denies he's a "player's coach" -- of course they're going to stick up for him. But sometimes teams need something other than a player's coach to get the most out of them. Like in various playoff series and international tournaments.

really, there's nothing more reassuring than hearing non-stop lip service for our coach after another highly publicized failure, right. are you an expert?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
there's nothing more reassuring than hearing non-stop lip service for our coach after another highly publicized failure. are you an expert?

I edited my comment while you were posting. I think you misunderstood me. I was not paying lip service to Byslma or defending Niskanen. Only saying that Niskanen's comment doesn't mean much, that Bylsma is smart in some situations and not others. And that's enough to question the guy's performance.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Yohe's Bylsma piece made me feel hateful, but then I read Rossi's latest blog...

I loath that man. I really do. Would cause a scene if I ever met him, I think.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You should feel free to sucker-punch him right in the nads.

2566545-combo+breaker.jpg

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
..... and for another instance of me being old and angry compared to many here, what's with the twitter references when the whole article is up? It's the thin end of the wedge!

Degenerates! Delinquents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad