Penguins Off-Day Thread

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Ive been saying Beaulieu could be a nice surprise. He adds more toughness than anything we have back there plus he's pretty skilled. He can skate and has a pretty nice shot.

Would love to see him over Petts.

He was highly touted coming into the league, had a couple ok seasons but a change of scenery could be much needed.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ive been saying Beaulieu could be a nice surprise. He adds more toughness than anything we have back there plus he's pretty skilled. He can skate and has a pretty nice shot.

He was highly touted coming into the league, had a couple ok seasons but a change of scenery could be much needed.

I think he’s a better match for Marino.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'm not a big fan of Pettersson anyways, so I honestly couldn't give a f*** if they play Beaulieu instead of him.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Do you wanna take that back now? ;)

Because of 1 good game in his past 20?

Nope...I stand by my proclamation: he's paid to generate offense and he hadn't done that in some time.
His defensive game sucks as he gets pushed around too easily.

Don't fall for recency bias- Petts hasn't been good this season.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Because of 1 good game in his past 20?

Nope...I stand by my proclamation: he's paid to generate offense and he hadn't done that in some time.
His defensive game sucks as he gets pushed around too easily.

Don't fall for recency bias- Petts hasn't been good this season.

I was joking and being a bit hyperbolic of course -- one game is one game. But it is at least a reminder that he is capable of playing better than he has been.

I keep saying (and will keep saying) that outside of some of the really special players (Makar, Heiskanen, Fox, etc.), most Dmen have a very non-linear development curve and take time to find their game. I remember when EDM fans were literally dying to rush Petry out of town. He was a year or 2 older than Petts at the time. He then went on to be a legit top-3 Dan for almost a decade there. There are many more examples.

So I'm betting on Petts vs. Dumo going forward, because it's just impractical to think we're going to trade both, especially with the dearth of UFA options out there and no sure-fire Dmen prospects in the system right now.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think MP can be a lot better than he's shown. And @jmelm is spot on that defensemen follow a different development curve most times. But his future here depends on Sullivan's future here, IMO. Since he clearly doesn't trust him much.

Same case for a handful of other players, really.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think MP can be a lot better than he's shown. And @jmelm is spot on that defensemen follow a different development curve most times. But his future here depends on Sullivan's future here, IMO. Since he clearly doesn't trust him much.

Same case for a handful of other players, really.

Agreed.

And as I posted elsewhere on these forums in recent weeks: IF we are getting a new head coach, it behoves the team to not move out several pieces all at once until seeing what a new coach can do with them.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Agreed.

And as I posted elsewhere on these forums in recent weeks: IF we are getting a new head coach, it behoves the team to not move out several pieces all at once until seeing what a new coach can do with them.

Oh absolutely. I think some people would be a little surprised at the results when it comes to SOME of the guys on the roster that are currently "disappointing." But that's also largely a hunch. You could also get Mike flippin' Johnston who was only good for collecting passing flies in his perma-agape mouth.

Reactions: jmelm

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

Sounds a lot like what we heard about Ian Cole before he became a Pen. But don't mention Beaulieu to Sully in the same sentence as "Ian Cole" or he'll NEVER play the poor guy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah I haven't noticed any real update on his status. Not that I expected it.

I did think it seemed like that kind of procedure should have required more recovery. But I suppose it was within the timeline IIRC so eh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad