GDT: Penguins of the Three Rivers sail off too, Carolina|Thu Feb 28, 2013|7:00PM|PNC Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
In the regular season, something like 1/2 of your opponents are going to be "bad". When you have the two best players in the world on your team, you're likely to pick up a lot of points against bad teams.

And when you have the two best players in the world, you're likely to have a puncher's chance against good teams in the regular season.

This isn't the NBA where superstars play 90% of the game and singehandedly win you games. I certainly don't buy that argument when Malkin's line has done almost nothing at ES this season.

And let me just take this conversation to the next step:

"But dude, 2010-2011."

Great point. 2010-2011 is exactly why you should be pissed off right now. Where is that structure and discipline?

I feel like when you say the word "structure" you're referring to how we played defensively, which was mostly a product of having almost zero offensive talent in the lineup and having to transform into the Nashville Predators. You don't think losing Crosby and Malkin forces you to adjust your game?

I'd like to see this team play better. It's just infuriating to come on here and read about how the world is crashing down whenever we go through a rough patch. If this is how we look in the playoffs, or twenty games down the road, then it'll be time to hit the panic button. Now? Absolutely not.

Right now we badly need another winger or two, that much is most evident to me.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
honest question, aside from 87 and 71 and 58 is there one player on pens that can get by yhe oponent one on one

Fire Shero*

wait, now that ROR stays with the avs...dreams of Iggy playing for us are still alive...

It doesn't matter, we could acquire Iggy and Perry and still would lose in the first round with that schmuck byslma coaching.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I guess the Lovejoy trade just didn't do it. Saturdays game with the Habs may get Sids interest. But I expect after looking at this game, MT will have them crash the net. This team needs some heart and size at forward. Shero must not want forwards taller than him.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I've changed my tune. Please give up no assets for trades if you're not going to fix the internal issues.

So true, but Iginla's presence would clearly have an effect on our team, we don't have a vet that can take charge, Iggy is a captain and can kick their ***** into gear

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Letang just does not have the skillset to be a PP QB, and be never has. He has a terrible shot and inaccurate pass. And his decision making can be beyond stupid but that applies to a lot more than his PP play.

I wish they would give Nisky a chance at this while Malkin is out, he has an underrated shot (not so much anymore, but used to be extremely underrated), and has a calmness about him that Letang doesnt.

And even if he wasn't given a chance, Martins recent production/creativity on the PP should put him above Letang on the PP.

I love Letang, he is having a horrible game tonight, but he is a great very high minute 5 on 5 defender, something every team needs... But a PPQB he isnt, and I am afraid he never will be. The team/ORG need to quit trying to force it.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'd like to see this team play better. It's just infuriating to come on here and read about how the world is crashing down whenever we go through a rough patch. If this is how we look in the playoffs, or twenty games down the road, then it'll be time to hit the panic button. Now? Absolutely not.

This IS how we've looked in the playoffs...

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I wish they would give Nisky a chance at this while Malkin is out, he has an underrated shot (not so much anymore, but used to be extremely underrated), and has a calmness about him that Letang doesnt.

And even if he wasn't given a chance, Martins recent production/creativity on the PP should put him above Letang on the PP.

I love Letang, he is having a horrible game tonight, but he is a great very high minute 5 on 5 defender, something every team needs... But a PPQB he isnt, and I am afraid he never will be. The team/ORG need to quit trying to force it.

Letang should never see the PP again for the remainder of his career in Pittsburgh.

He shouldn't be on it this year, and in the next few years we should have Morrow and Pouliot to replace him.

vyktor

Jan 23, 2008
This isn't the NBA where superstars play 90% of the game and singehandedly win you games. I certainly don't buy that argument when Malkin's line has done almost nothing at ES this season.

I feel like when you say the word "structure" you're referring to how we played defensively, which was mostly a product of having almost zero offensive talent in the lineup and having to transform into the Nashville Predators. You don't think losing Crosby and Malkin forces you to adjust your game?

Since it is pretty much how they looked in the last playoffs, the panic is not nessesarily unfounded.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I've never seen Letang play this bad, ever.
Really troublesome.
Didn't he get married? Chick problems?
His head ain't in it right now, thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad