Proposal: Penguins/Jets/Jackets

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Heard what Columbus fans were saying in the MTL/CBJ thread about how they would like to recoup a handful of picks in an Anderson trade.

I know that the Jets could use a top pair LD.

I also know that the Penguins could really use some size and grit and JR seems to not care about draft picks.

So here is the trade:

Jets: Brian Dumoulin

Jackets: 2020 2nd round pick (Jets #41), 2020 3rd round pick (Penguins #76), and a 2021 2nd round pick (Penguins)

Penguins: Josh Anderson and Adam Lowry

Think this kinda addresses each teams needs. I know the Penguins will have to make another move to replace Dumo, but with Rust, Murray, McCann, and Hornqvist as trade chips that shouldn’t be difficult.

In summary:

Penguins trade Dumo and 2 picks for Anderson and Lowry

Jets trade Lowry and a 2nd for Dumo

Jackets trade Anderson for 3 picks

***Also, to those that argue the jackets won’t trade with Pittsburgh, this could be done as 2 separate deals like we did with Streit in 2016 from Tampa/Islanders.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Penguins fans are going to absolutely MURDER you for that. That's bad for them.

Trading a fringe #2/3 for 2 bottom-6 forwards, let alone adding the picks, is just really, really bad.

Reactions: Giskard

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Penguins fans are going to absolutely MURDER you for that. That's bad for them.

Trading a fringe #2/3 for 2 bottom-6 forwards, let alone adding the picks, is just really, really bad.
Josh Anderson is not a bottom 6 forward though. He could easily slot in our top 6. Or we could use him on the 3rd line to have a checking line but his skill level is definitely not “a bottom 6er”

And you yourself have suggested trading Dumoulin for a winger. Josh Anderson would be a good target. And I would happily pay some draft picks for Lowry

Last edited:

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
2 seconds and a 3rd for Josh Anderson going to Winnipeg is acceptable but to Pittsburgh?????
Like I said this could be done in 2 deals.

Jackets trade him to Jets for picks, Jets trade him to us.

This was done in 2016 when Islanders didn’t want to trade us Streit. They traded him to Tampa and Tampa trade him to us.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Like I said this could be done in 2 deals.

Jackets trade him to Jets for picks, Jets trade him to us.

This was done in 2016 when Islanders didn’t want to trade us Streit. They traded him to Tampa and Tampa trade him to us.
I think the goal for the Jackets would be to not have to face Josh Anderson in their division regardless of having an intermediary.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I think the goal for the Jackets would be to not have to face Josh Anderson in their division regardless of having an intermediary.
But I don’t think they have a say. They can’t tell the Jets what to do with him once they trade him.

Just like the Islanders didn’t want us to have streit

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But I don’t think they have a say. They can’t tell the Jets what to do with him once they trade him.

I get that. You'd have to structure the deal though so the Jackets don't see it coming. It's not very well hidden when the Jackets are getting back two draft picks from the Penguins, not hard to see who the secret buyer is!

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Actually, they can put a rider on that WPG can’t trade him to a certain division or conference

Reactions: Fro

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Heard what Columbus fans were saying in the MTL/CBJ thread about how they would like to recoup a handful of picks in an Anderson trade.

I also know that the Penguins could really use some size and grit and JR seems to not care about draft picks.

So here is the trade:

Jackets: 2020 2nd round pick (Jets #41), 2020 3rd round pick (Penguins #76), and a 2021 2nd round pick (Penguins)

Think this kinda addresses each teams needs. I know the Penguins will have to make another move to replace Dumo, but with Rust, Murray, McCann, and Hornqvist as trade chips that shouldn’t be difficult.

In summary:

***Also, to those that argue the jackets won’t trade with Pittsburgh, this could be done as 2 separate deals like we did with Streit in 2016 from Tampa/Islanders.

I really think there needs to be a JV board for the novices that understand trades and value/needs. You would be there. This is HORRID for Pittsburgh. I'm not sure I've seen ever a good suggestion by you.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
So a redundant farty 3rd line RW who doesnt fit the team scheme of being young and fast and hungry and a center who is the same for our top shutdown left defense because of reasons? Who the plays with Letang, Jack Johnson? No thanks.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I really think there needs to be a JV board for the novices that understand trades and value/needs. You would be there. This is HORRID for Pittsburgh. I'm not sure I've seen ever a good suggestion by you.
What NHL team are you the GM of? None? Oh that’s right. Settle down you’re making a fool of yourself pretending you know player values and no one else does.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

The way the trade goes down, the Jackets would know since Winnipeg doesn't have the Penguins' picks yet.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
So a redundant farty 3rd line RW who doesnt fit the team scheme of being young and fast and hungry and a center who is the same for our top shutdown left defense because of reasons? Who the plays with Letang, Jack Johnson? No thanks.
If you actually believe that Anderson would be redundant in our lineup and that he’s a “farty” winger that can only play on the 3rd line, then I don’t really care for your opinion on the trade.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

So here is the trade:

In summary:

No, from the Jets.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
The two untouchable Dmen on the Pens roster right now would be Dumo and Marino. The fan base is split down a varying degree on Letang. But those two are absolutely untouchable. Dumo simply because of his contract cost/length, and Marino because of upside and ELC.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
The two untouchable Dmen on the Pens roster right now would be Dumo and Marino. The fan base is split down a varying degree on Letang. But those two are absolutely untouchable. Dumo simply because of his contract cost/length, and Marino because of upside and ELC.
I disagree.

Marino, yes should be untouchable. But I would much rather keep Letang over Dumo.

A) Letang is still elite and is better than Dumo
B) Can’t see a GM giving up something good for Letang given his age and injury history. He is much more valuable to us and than whatever he would return in a trade.

If Dumo can return 2 guys like Anderson and Lowry I’m all for it.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
I disagree.

Marino, yes should be untouchable. But I would much rather keep Letang over Dumo.

B) Can’t see a GM giving up something good for Letang given his age and injury history. He is much more valuable to us and than whatever he would return in a trade.

are you really a pens fan this like the 3rd awful proposal you have made for them. Sorry based on last year anderson is lucky to be a 3rd liner. why do think letang looks good because dumo covers his ass. Dumo is such a better defense man than letang. leteng gets more points because of pp time and he takes chances cause dumo again covers for him.
Take into injury history and contracts and its not even close.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

So here is the trade:

In summary:

Pens laugh .. alot and loud ..not evem close

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I disagree.

That’s reasonable but I lean to the other side. For 4.1M I don’t think you can can replace him on this roster for at least the next 2 years even if he ends up going down the depth chart. He does so much for so cheap you can’t part with him till he dips and even when he dips his contract is so cheap with literally zero movement clauses. You hang onto that guy until you know he isnt in the plan at all and then you can trade him to a contender for whatever. But when you have that steady player, on that contract, you ride them till you can’t.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad