OT: Penguins Jersey Customization

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hi all.

I recently won a bid and got a RoboPen jersey. The black one with gray shoulders, it is a Starter. I would like to get it customized. I was wondering where you guys take yours (If any of you do in Pittsburgh, but I currently live in Buffalo so I would either drop it off when I visit for a game as I have never been to PPG or just mail it if possible).

Who is the official customizer, and would they do that jersey? If not, where would you guys go for it? Exclusive Pro maybe or other?

Thanks, I did not find a jersey/Pens gear thread a few pages back so please move this if appropriate. :D

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Not an answer to your question buuuut...

I vote keep it blank.

I have a RoboPens home that I customized when I was like...12. And it just feels weird to wear it to games/public as a result.

Luckily I got some use out of it in the beer league games. Because pretty much no one uses #81.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Not an answer to your question buuuut...

I vote keep it blank.

I have a RoboPens home that I customized when I was like...12. And it just feels weird to wear it to games/public as a result.

Luckily I got some use out of it in the beer league games. Because pretty much no one uses #81.

Did you get a player of that era on it? or did you just put your name on it?

I took the OP as wanting to get it customized with a player of that era, not to get their own name on it.. I could be wrong though.. ha

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Did you get a player of that era on it? or did you just put your name on it?

I took the OP as wanting to get it customized with a player of that era, not to get their own name on it.. I could be wrong though.. ha

Pens never had an 81 until Satan in 2008 (well beyond RoboPens....well they did survive until 2007 on the shoulders) and Kessel.

So it was my name. Again, I was a little kid. But it worked out well later when I played rec league lol.

If OP is going with a player, thats okay, but I still like blank sweaters a lot more.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Pens never had an 81 until Satan in 2008 (well beyond RoboPens....well they did survive until 2007 on the shoulders) and Kessel.

So it was my name. Again, I was a little kid. But it worked out well later when I played rec league lol.

If OP is going with a player, thats okay, but I still like blank sweaters a lot more.
Blank sweaters look cheap and incomplete.

Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Especially those black robo sweaters with that horizontal stipe/gradient. When they meet in the middle in the back without numbers, it looks awful.

To be fair that weird meet in the back thing only looks right if the number on the back is 1.

Reason #72 as to why that was the worst ****ing jersey ever designed, but I digress.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
72538665.jpg
Hedberg jersey is the obvious answer here then

Janne Laukkanen! #5 looks okay on those crappy uniforms...the five being a bit lower and lining up with the middle white line would be better but oh well. No one gives him jersey love, lol lol.

The Moose isn't obscure enough..well..I'd bet 80% of Pens Facebook fans don't even know of either.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
View attachment 124671

Janne Laukkanen! #5 looks okay on those crappy uniforms...the five being a bit lower and lining up with the middle white line would be better but oh well. No one gives him jersey love, lol lol.

The Moose isn't obscure enough..well..I'd bet 80% of Pens Facebook fans don't even know of either.

Yeah Laukkanen would be a good one too. He also wears my favorite number!

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I can't find pictures of the back..But maybe #4 would work? Kevin Hatcher. Gotta get an alternate A on the front though.
@51secs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
f***ing Kevin Hatcher.

The day before I was about to get my Zubov jersey, the team traded for that freaking guy. That jersey then ended up turning into a Ronnie Franchise jersey.

Last edited:

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
****ing Kevin Hatcher.

The day before I was about to get my Zubov jersey, then the team traded for that freaking guy. That jersey then ended up turning into a Ronnie Franchise jersey.

So brutal man. Just cause zubov and Mario had hissy fits over PP control we end up trading one of the most revered offensive dmen. Lol. Yaaay Pens!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
All these years as a hockey fan and I never owned a jersey. I have t-shirts, but I never saw the reason behind wearing a jersey for a team I don't play for and having a name on my back that isn't mine. That is just me though, but if I did get one it would be with my name and my number 27.

Only sport jersey I have is a Honduran 100% catracho national futbol team jersey. I think it's silk. Super nice. I wanted to buy a futbol jersey from every foreign country I ever visited... no clue why.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
All these years as a hockey fan and I never owned a jersey. I have t-shirts, but I never saw the reason behind wearing a jersey for a team I don't play for and having a name on my back that isn't mine. That is just me though, but if I did get one it would be with my name and my number 27.

Only sport jersey I have is a Honduran 100% catracho national futbol team jersey. I think it's silk. Super nice. I wanted to buy a futbol jersey from every foreign country I ever visited... no clue why.

Jerseys are good when you go to games. I never wear them as casual wear though. For any sport.

And, the whole, name on the back of a team I dont play for, is why I prefer mine blank.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yea, you should obviously only wear jerseys at the actual sporting event or at a bar watching the game.

I’m excited to see what our new third jersey will look like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad