Confirmed with Link: Penguins hire Teena Murray as Senior Vice President of Integrated Performance.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A month later...

Murray - "Holy shit, their medical staff was run by idiots."

No man nor woman can stop the Pens players from all of their injuries.

If such a person could lift that curse they'd be the highest paid individual in the organization.
Well the biggest issue I've always stated was how quickly players returned. You think Zucker was healthy when he came back? He wasn't. Dumoulin hasn't been for years. Letang is mentally injured but his play finally showed the effects of that.

Malkin, Crosby, etc etc.

It felt like players always rushed back and a medical staff is there to advise and make sure they can, but all its done is destroy players.

Schultz, Hagelin, Hornqvist, whatever eating disorder Murray had, etc.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Grats to Teena:thumbu:
5YVM.gif

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
This is cool and sounds like a smart move but two things:

1. That's not how you spell Tina

2. "Senior Vice President of Integrated Performance" sounds like a made up title to make some CEO's dipshit son feel better about the job he just fell into.
Let me share a secret from corporate America, they're all made up and mean nothing. Some of the titles they throw a VP on these days are ridiculous. I remember being excited to be made a VP and then like a year later the sales organization just named about everyone a VP because they like to say "we have a VP on the phone". I'm charge of like 200 people and millions in revenue. Some of them have like two direct reports.

Little bit of a vent there, but yeah, titles are BS now. I still hope she does well.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
She looks like Anthony Bourdain. I hope I don’t see her eating street meat in the back alley behind PPG Paints arena.

teena.fc5d021ef9b3.jpg

image-390.jpg

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hockey is not exactly a dedicated off season program that is part of the process. Players go to their own guys or trainers ect. I just never see players get noticeably bigger or stronger. I look at Marino and he is the same body now for 3 years. He needs some serious time in the weight room. Matheson also could use added strength as well. POJ seems to have added size and strength though. I hope she begins a real in-house program that players go through to be stronger and hold up more for the season.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Rossi did a piece on her here

I think some of the key takeaways here are

She has complete autonomy over medical matters

"Her task is to build an interdisciplinary high-performance team and oversee everything from strength and conditioning to mental health. Performance medicine, nutrition, psychology and medical/performance-related metrics will also fall under her oversight. Even the equipment staff will be on Murray’s watch."

And Hextall's already signed off on four promotions/hires on her say so.

Sound like they're really trying to make a big push here quickly om how they do things to get better, with quicker turnarounds on soft tissue injury recovery being a main target.

Reactions: Gurglesons

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^ you almost lost me at the bullshit work lingo of "build an interdisciplinary high-performance team" but at least the end made sense. :laugh:

I was like "Wow.. it's the freaking weekend and the last thing I want to read is a bunch of bullshit work lingo. Just tell me what you dooooooo."

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
She looks like Anthony Bourdain. I hope I don’t see her eating street meat in the back alley behind PPG Paints arena.

teena.fc5d021ef9b3.jpg

image-390.jpg
She was brought in to find the chefs secret sauce in the spicy pork to get the boys to the second round this year

Reactions: Gurglesons

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Rossi did a piece on her here

I think some of the key takeaways here are

She has complete autonomy over medical matters

"Her task is to build an interdisciplinary high-performance team and oversee everything from strength and conditioning to mental health. Performance medicine, nutrition, psychology and medical/performance-related metrics will also fall under her oversight. Even the equipment staff will be on Murray’s watch."

And Hextall's already signed off on four promotions/hires on her say so.

Sound like they're really trying to make a big push here quickly om how they do things to get better, with quicker turnarounds on soft tissue injury recovery being a main target.
How does she stand on colloidal silver and Qi realignment? I think Archibald would be the perfect player to oversee those two portfolios. Now, granted it might take him off the ice for years at a time as he travels to Wu-Dang Mountain to meditate in the temple of forbidden alchemical experiments high up in the Wudangshan, but that's exactly the kind of drive that results in... well, results!

Reactions: Peat and Gurglesons

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I hate corporate titles. What does that title even mean? I can't count how many times I see titles at work and feel like they just made that shit up.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Counterpoint, titles rule when you're dealing with some asinine official somewhere. I love pulling out all of my titles and getting addressed as Mgr. Handshake Line, A.B., A.M., Ph.D. when dealing with some smarmy paperpusher at the tax office or in the endless Czech bureaucracy.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
I hate corporate titles. What does that title even mean? I can't count how many times I see titles at work and feel like they just made that shit up.
counterpoint having someone in charge of a bunch of formerly disparate yet clearly interrelated disciplines seems like a good idea whatever their title is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad