Confirmed with Link: Penguins hire Teena Murray as Senior Vice President of Integrated Performance.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I quickly saw “confirmed with link” & “Murray” 🤔 :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Reactions: HandshakeLine

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Pens interviewer: "Can you distinguish between a concussion and a neck injury?"

Sports trainer "Yes"

Interviewer "YOU"RE HIRED"

"Which of these pictures looks most like Mumps to you?"

A)
1655489018947.png

B)
1655489038381.png

C)
1655489074670.png

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
That always cracked me up

It begs the question of which was true:

1. Did they misdiagnose it and told Sid he didn't have it so that's why he's like "I don't have the mumps"
2. Did they know his condition, but told Sid to not confirm it?

Either way is bizarre. Like what's the big deal if it was #2?
I wanna say that he tested negative (and was vaccinated as a child so they took that into consideration) and while he exhibited some mild symptoms in the face/neck area they chalked it up to a cross-check he took to the jaw a few days prior. He didn't blow up like a balloon until immediately after that practice. I think the doctor saw him on TV like that and went rushing to find him and get him under quarantine and re-tested. So, hard to fault the doctors there, but still a funny situation that we can look back and laugh at now.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

She has a pretty damn great resume. I wonder who had this role in the past or if this is a new position.

Don't recall ever seeing this role on the front office page before.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This is cool and sounds like a smart move but two things:

1. That's not how you spell Tina

2. "Senior Vice President of Integrated Performance" sounds like a made up title to make some CEO's dipshit son feel better about the job he just fell into.

Looks like we need more staff for this Teena / Tina dilemma

1655491585721.gif

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Teena Marie? I liked her ‘80s music but isn’t she dead?
Sheesh. This could have been a line in Jim Carroll's "People who died".

"In 2004, while Teena Marie was sleeping in a hotel room, a large picture frame fell and struck her on the head. The blow caused a serious concussion that caused momentary seizures for the rest of her life.[36]

On the afternoon of December 26, 2010, Teena Marie was found dead by her daughter, Alia Rose, in her Pasadena home.[37][38] On December 30, 2010, an autopsy was performed by the Los Angeles County coroner, who found no signs of apparent trauma or a discernible cause of death, and concluded she had died from natural causes.[38][39] She had suffered a generalized tonic–clonic seizure a month before.[40]"

Reactions: Andy99

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

"In 2004, while Teena Marie was sleeping in a hotel room, a large picture frame fell and struck her on the head. The blow caused a serious concussion that caused momentary seizures for the rest of her life.[36]

On the afternoon of December 26, 2010, Teena Marie was found dead by her daughter, Alia Rose, in her Pasadena home.[37][38] On December 30, 2010, an autopsy was performed by the Los Angeles County coroner, who found no signs of apparent trauma or a discernible cause of death, and concluded she had died from natural causes.[38][39] She had suffered a generalized tonic–clonic seizure a month before.[40]"

Man that's horrific

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Don't recall ever seeing this role on the front office page before.
That was my thought too. Looks like the FO/owners might have felt that something was amiss with our medical/conditioning programs.

Anywho, she seems like a great hire. Just wish we hired her years ago!

No kidding. Who needs fiction when we have the real world?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That was my thought too. Looks like the FO/owners might have felt that something was amiss with our medical/conditioning programs.

That's unpossible!

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

No kidding. Who needs fiction when we have the real world?
No man nor woman can stop the Pens players from all of their injuries.

If such a person could lift that curse they'd be the highest paid individual in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad