Penguins heading nowhere?

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Wanted to start this thread because Hextall's and Burke's public comment in the last couple days drive me really mad.

So Hextall decided to stand pat. No changes necessary. That is, no REAL changes.

Sully is staying.

The "core" of 87-71-58 isn't going anywhere.

Jarry "will come back better in September".

I'm deeply, deeply disappointed.

This club's management is wasting their and our time trying to beat the dead horse, trying to squeeze at least a few drops of water from the well that went dry years ago.

Nobody is going to pay for the pathetic failures of 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Nobody is going to pay for the toothless and gutless performance this year.

That is, nobody except us, the fans, who paid with our nerve cells and grey hairs.

I said it after the loss to Caps in 2018, and I said it last summer, and I said it before the latest Isles series, and I'll say again: Penguins will never win anything again with this "core".

PENGUINS WILL NEVER WIN ANYTHING AGAIN WITH THIS "CORE"

They never were good leaders in the playoffs, even when they were in their prime, definitely not after their first Cup in 2009. After that win hungry, explosive, insatiable young wolves turned themselves into rich, complacent, spoiled, moody, self-assured narcissistic poodles.

And now, as they are ageing, they are becoming even less efficient and capable of leading the team anywhere but into yearly disgraces in early rounds.

Have you seen Crosby becoming a ghost in the playoffs for 4 straight years?

Have you seen him playing and producing like a 4th liner for the first half of this regular season?

Have you seen him taking every other game off in the second half?

Have you seen him produce 2 points in 6 games in this series?

Have you seen the montage of clips of Adam Pelech eating him alive without ketchup or mustard, completely shutting down his every move? And Crosby succumbing sheepishly, without a peep? What a captain, what a leader!

Have you seen Malkin being totally absent for the first half of the season?

Have you seen him deciding to take a half-season long vacation after he had a couple of half-decent games in the middle of the season? He got really tired by that point, for sure.

Have you seen him taking - traditionally - tons of stupid penalties and blown defensive coverages in this series and letting the team down?

Have you seen him being a clown on PP in every game he played?

Have you seen him being absolutely ineffective and unproductive when the team needed it most - like, in OT of G5, or in the 3rd period of G6?

The list of questions could go on and on.

Bottom line is obvious:

Penguins need to start building a new team for the future TODAY.

And it must start with acquiring as many assets as possible for ageing and no longer relevant veteran pieces.

Mr Hextall!

PENGUINS WILL NEVER WIN ANYTHING AGAIN WITH THIS "CORE"

Stop wasting time and start building a new team for tomorrow.

---------

Thoughts?

Reactions: Jjbuck

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Do people really think Hextall will do nothing? He can't just say "were blowing it up!"

Sully has a very short leash.

There will be a new goalie.

The team will be a force again.

People need to just chill. We can't win cups every year or every other year. Who cares if we lost in first round 3 years in a row, some teams never even make it to the second round ever.

Whether we lose in first, second, third, or fourth doesn't matter.

Reactions: kodoshin

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Some of these posts are unbelievable. THIS team IS good and was competent goaltending away from probably going on a deep run. Why blow it up?? Regardless of what keyboard GM's think, this core deserves to stay together, if they want.

THIS team WON the division. You think a team that's given up on the coach wins the division? I don't want to hear about the last 3 years. THIS team hasn't shown it NEEDS a change. The tendy choked. Maybe he'll bounce back, maybe not but it's not reason to overreact.

Also you're just taking Hextall's words as gospel. He's not going to just come out and lay out his plans. I know why these posts are made and I don't blame you. We're all spoiled. We want and expect to win every year but it's not realistic and need to be grateful for the 3 cups this core has given. How many teams can say that in the last 25 years? One? Two tops?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Bro, just let those 3 finish out their careers here. They earned it. I don’t see what the big deal is, TBH. They got us 3 cups…

For real though. This isn’t a situation like in Philly where Giroux’s shining moment was 2012. Where he got swept in rd 2 and has jack to show for his entire career. The amount of disrespect for the big 3 is embarrassing.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
My thoughts are that the OP's post is the HFB equivalent of Mark Jankowski. Awful.

Pens just won the division. They also out played NYI for the majority of the series. The Pens are still very much a playoff team moving forward and the 3 core guys are still top tier players.
There is no logical reason to trade away the stars now. That would be stupid.

Assuming OP is older than 12 years old (unclear) then he saw the Pens win 3 stanley cups, and watched Sid and Geno dominate the league for the past 15 years. They've earned the right to stay here as long as they want.

Hextall is making the right decision. At most maybe he should fire the goalie coach. And hopefully Seattle takes away Zucker or Pettersson so we can keep Ceci. Otherwise there's zero reason to change anything.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The unfortunate thing is you put a lot of time putting this post together.

This is still a good team. It will be tweaked this offseason, and it will continue to compete for the next 5 years.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I pray you're never in sales.

Whats he supposed to say... My guys stink... What's your best offer?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If think Hextall and Burke’s comments are concerning if you feel this team needs to make changes.

Many of us thought coach jackass should have been fired after the Habs series, so to see the team praise this clown last week after another first round loss is infuriating.

This team has played uninspired playoff hockey for 3 or 4 straight seasons. They had the talent on paper to beat the Isles. Same with the Habs and the series against the Isles 2 years ago.

Hextall is criticized for being too patient, so when he says I’m going to hibernate this summer, I tend to believe him. Burke has never been one to hide his true feelings; he easily could have said the team has underachieved for several years, so we will need to evaluate everything. Instead, it was a slob fest or him complimenting the team. You’d think they just won the cup from these guys’ comments.

It’s just odd to see Burke be such a little pu**y in the media and about this team in general. I don’t expect him to throw any player under the bus by name, but you can speak in general.

BuT wE dOminATed tHe ISleS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angrrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad