Penguins have the best fans - Forbes

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Dude we posted about the wooo at the exact same moment. I think that's empirical proof that wooo-ing sucks. It was sort of amusing the first couple games it happened (and how some fans got all bent out of shape) but at this point it's just being a d-bag and not much more.

Stop the Woo. â„¢

:laugh:

Yes I agree.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
This is the same thing for the Steelers, in my opinion. A lot of the fans IN the city and surrounding areas are bandwagon fans like they are for the Steelers and Pirates. Then there are the rest of us diehards who are part of every fanbase. But the trump card is our global fan base. They are everywhere and go to games. They follow the Pens even when games come on late as hell or early. That's why Pittsburgh, in general, has the greatest fans. When people leave this city, they take Pittsburgh with them. And when they have kids... they are raised to be Pittsburghers who moved away. It's truly remarkable.

A perfect example is my cousin. His parents grew up in Pittsburgh and they moved as a family when he was 7 or 8 years old. To this day (he's in his 30s), he is a diehard Pittsburgh fan. Even though the majority of his life as been in Michigan or Chicago, he's just a diehard Pittsburgh fan and it will never stop. Any time the Pens are in Chicago, he pays top dollar to see 'em.

Another example is when the Pens go to Columbus or even Game 7 of the Cup Finals. Our fans were there and made themselves be known. THOSE are the fans that earned us that top spot. The people in Pittsburgh (the bandwagon fans) just plain suck.

I went to a Blues v Pens game in STL when I lived there for school a couple years ago. The Blues were 2nd in the west at the time and there were far more yinzers than blues fans at the game.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm jut concerned about all this woohing I hear on the broadcasts now. I usually go to a few Pens games a year but haven't been to one this year or last. I don't even remember hearing dying cat screams in the arena or on TV. Now, it seems like every game. It's obnoxious enough on the TV. I can't imagine how annoying it is in person.

967881.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad