News Article: Penguins' GM Jim Rutherford on Phil Kessel's so-called issues

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pat "legal troubles" kane is the by far the best player on Chicago.

Kane isn't someone you can build your franchise around. He has too many warts in his game. Toews (and Keith, for that matter) are players you can build your team around.

I think Ovi is the only winger I'd call a franchise player. The rest are centers mainly.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Keith is by far the best player on that team, but that is completely off-topic. The original point is correct, Kessel is a star player, but he can't lead a team alone. We don't need him to. Toronto did.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Basically what I'm saying is that Kessel is less an Ovechkin or Crosby and more a Pat Kane or Rick Nash, that's all. Which is exactly what we need, but not as much as what Toronto needed.

I would agree with this. In toronto they expected to get a cup with him, but never gave him a team to win it with. He is the third best talent here, but still a star, which is something we lacked. In chicago, They had Hossa, Kane, Towes, and then a slew of scorers after them... the Best we have had since Hossa was Neal, and Kessel is light years ahead of him

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Keith is by far the best player on that team, but that is completely off-topic. The original point is correct, Kessel is a star player, but he can't lead a team alone. We don't need him to. Toronto did.

Much as I think Keith is becoming a bit overrated, yeah, he's the clear best player on that club. After him, it's a toss-up between the other two. 3 or 4 years ago, Hoss was in the mix as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad