Proposal: Penguins-Ducks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Penguins trade Pettersson
Ducks trade Heinen and Larsson/Mahura

I know Anaheim has Fowler and Lindholm on LD, which makes me think they wouldn't be that interested in Pettersson, but would a deal around this basis be something possible?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the point from their POV is to clear Pettersson's salary. So yeah, a bit of an awkward fit.

I think Heinen would do well in Pittsburgh, though, seems like one of those types that could play well with Sid if they wanted.

It's partially this but the Penguins have a pretty severe jam on LD right now with Dumoulin, Pettersson, Matheson and POJ, and one of those guys needs to be moved so POJ can have a roster spot.

I was using Pettersson in this deal because I thought Heinen and either Mahura or Larsson was a decently valuable package, and MP is a decently valuable player. The salaries do end up almost a wash too, which is just an added benefit.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's partially this but the Penguins have a pretty severe jam on LD right now with Dumoulin, Pettersson, Matheson and POJ, and one of those guys needs to be moved so POJ can have a roster spot.

I was using Pettersson in this deal because I thought Heinen and either Mahura or Larsson was a decently valuable package, and MP is a decently valuable player. The salaries do end up almost a wash too, which is just an added benefit.

Er yeah, sorry, that too. Which makes Duck Knight's suggestion not work because the idea is to clear up that logjam and salary, not simply add to it.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
How does this help the Pens?

We're giving away a solid two-way 24 year old defenseman...for what?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
For a 25 year old fringe 2nd/3rd line winger who's excellent on the powerplay and has strong analytics and a young defenseman.

What exactly are you basing that on? The only time he ever scored more than 7 PP points in a year was in '17-'18, when he scored 12.

That's your standard for "excellent"?

And what role, as a LH shot, would he play here?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What exactly are you basing that on? The only time he ever scored more than 7 PP points in a year was in '17-'18, when he scored 12.

That's your standard for "excellent"?

And what role, as a LH shot, would he play here?

Dude you literally advocated for bringing back Bonino on the Penguins board because "he'd help the 2nd PP unit", and you're seriously going to say this?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Dude you literally advocated for bringing back Bonino on the Penguins board because "he'd help the 2nd PP unit", and you're seriously going to say this?

I've never once said or implied that, but you seem to have misunderstood this since last week.

It all started here when I was talking about Bonino as a two-way center...one of the two things the Pens needed, along with a scoring wing to help the PP:

Salary Cap: - Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about Jussi Jokinen

Then you said McCann already fit that "two-way center" bill, and could also help on the PP.

I replied that McCann wouldn't help our PP at all, and then you somehow concluded that I was hyping up Bonino as someone who would, despite me explicitly saying I wasn't:

Empoleon8771 said:
I mean why do you think Nick Bonino suddenly would save the PP?

Soggy Biscuit said:
I don't. But I think Bonino would do a good job as a bottom 6 center, something he's proved he can do as recently as last year.

Salary Cap: - Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about Jussi Jokinen

Hope that clears things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad