GDT: Penguins @ Devils, 2:00 PM, NHL Network

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
You dumb shits, hibachi is a heated bowl or plate.

The food style you are constantly calling hibachi is "Teppanyaki".

Unless you are literally going out to eat the literal bowl.
.........are you not supposed to also eat the bowl? Now I get why everytime I go to hibachi restaurants I get screamed at in Japanese and run out of the establishment. Color me embarrassed.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I thought she was pretty good on the call. A little weird in her rapport with Weekes as the color commentator, but that's been true of all the national broadcasts under the new TV deal, so whatever.

But she was clearly knowledgeable about the game, identified players correctly (not a single sighting of Tommy Novak!), and her tempo and volume matched the intensity of play on the ice. That's all you can ask.
I agree. I thought she was great, or at least quite good. Certainly if you compare and contrast Leah Hextall.

Hillary Knight might be the most bored person on planet earth with her analyst contributions. She sounded like she was talking about the length of the line at the DMV.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I agree. I thought she was great, or at least quite good. Certainly if you compare and contrast Leah Hextall.

Hillary Knight might be the most bored person on planet earth with her analyst contributions. She sounded like she was talking about the length of the line at the DMV.

I think she was pretty good even without making the easy comparison to Hextall. She comes out well even when compared to the other guys they have doing national games. Buccigross? Levy? Meh.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
There’s also the fact teams are adjusting to them and taking them more seriously now, the Devils are well on the way to completing the first step from doormat to legit playoff team and that’s fine for this year, eventually they’re gonna have to adjust to the adjustments and up their level that much more to stay among the elite and not just be a team being carried by their big guns. Especially as we get into the point of the season where Vitek will crash through his high in games started for one season.
Pittsburgh really fought hard in this game.

The Pens recap on The Vancouver Canucks News Bulletin, sorry, I mean The Athletic, called the second period the best period of their season. *shrug*

Ya, I was telling my father in law that Nico always looks like that after his shifts, because the announcers kept bringing it up repeatedly.

But of course we know the score: If Nico is on the bench grimacing, he's fine. It's only when he goes down the tunnel that we get concerned.

Clearly NHL Network didn't get the memo on how Nico reacts to pain.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Is Hillary Knight the one who sounds just really bored and quiet? I didn’t think she was on yesterday’s game, was she?

I heard her do a game recently and thought she was just really quiet and way too relaxed lol.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Is Hillary Knight the one who sounds just really bored and quiet? I didn’t think she was on yesterday’s game, was she?

I heard her do a game recently and thought she was just really quiet and way too relaxed lol.
Yeah that's the one. We had her a few games back. By the end of the game she was delivering some decent analysis but in that same monotone like she was a funeral director.

Reactions: Bleedred

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think she was pretty good even without making the easy comparison to Hextall. She comes out well even when compared to the other guys they have doing national games. Buccigross? Levy? Meh.
Yeah absolutely. She knew the game, talked about what was important and had good energy. I'd put her in the upper middle of the pack at least... Probably be even better if she got more games.

Reactions: Saugus

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah that's the one. We had her a few games back. By the end of the game she was delivering some decent analysis but in that same monotone like she was a funeral director.
Yeah that was her then for the Ducks game? I knew I had watched her recently on ESPN+ but couldn’t remember if it was one of our games or not.

Yeah, she definitely sounded like she took a sleepy pill or something lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad