Penguins deal Mason Raymond's RFA rights

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
all you vultures can deal with his new GM.

:yo:

LOL. That happened so quick. I saw Robb's comment on possibly trading for Raymond just before leaving work, drove home and Zac tells me Raymonds been traded pretty much as I walk in the door. Didn't even get a chance to prepare an offer.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
The Penguins have dealt:
LW - Mason Raymond
prospect Akim Aliu

to the Capitals for:
D-Nikita Nikitin
prospect Craig Cunningham
WSH 1, 2012.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Washington first round for Mason Raymond.......................I'm speechless .....wow !!! I was giving Landeskog to get him and they didn't approved...... :dunno:

Last edited:

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
speechless.jpg

Last edited:

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
well the first rounder would have been automatic compensation if signed as RFA which was WSH's plan.

MayRay is a bonafide NHL'er right now, 1st rounder is still a crap shoot. I can list more top 10 busts then successes, its a gamble for both parties of this trade.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Washington first round for Mason Raymond.......................I'm speechless .....wow !!! I was giving Landeskog to get him and they didn't approved...... :dunno:

Three things:

1) That trade had about another 10 assets involved, so don't oversimplify matters please.

2) We would really rather discussions about rejected trades be dealt with by e-mail. If this approval leaves you with questions about previous decisions, by all means, drop us a line. Jeff and I are always happy to talk shop.

3) Robb's point, re: RFA compensation, is an important one in terms of appreciating the context of the trade.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Three things:

1) That trade had about another 10 assets involved, so don't oversimplify matters please.

2) We would really rather discussions about rejected trades be dealt with by e-mail. If this approval leaves you with questions about previous decisions, by all means, drop us a line. Jeff and I are always happy to talk shop.

3) Robb's point, re: RFA compensation, is an important one in terms of appreciating the context of the trade.

Washington told me that The BOG didnt didn't want this 1st rond been deal cause of the previous trades he made.....but hey...it's ok

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver

Washington told me that The BOG didnt want this 1st round been dealt....

This isn't the place Alvaro. As Sean said, if you have questions please send us an email.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Washington told me that The BOG didnt didn't want this 1st rond been deal cause of the previous trades he made.....but hey...it's ok

I don't know what or who the BOG is, but the DoPP's phone lines are open and awaiting your call, so please call the number you see on your screen and donate... wait wrong script.

Brent Burns Beard