Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Dark times, when we're saying this about a team who finished second to last in the standings last season :laugh:

Its what happens when we're still employing Scuderi :laugh:

I missed the first game, but from what's been said on the boards that was a good thing

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Its what happens when we're still employing Scuderi :laugh:

I missed the first game, but from what's been said on the boards that was a good thing

Not really. Only one game, but same **** as last year. Plenty of shots, but minimal actual scoring chances.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Probably another loss added till Johnston's departure. I doubt this will be an easy game, they steamrolled LA in their own building and is this they're opening night at home? That doesn't bode well for us.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Eh thinking the pens grind this one out to a 2-1 OT or shootout win. Should be some fatigue on the Arizona side, hopefully the pens fresher legs yield results.

No Quarter*

Should bring Pouliot up and bench Scuds.
Pouliot can't do any worse defensively and would probably gel better with Dumoulin.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
'Zona looked good last night. They always have structure, but Mike Smith looked great and they now boast two game-breaking forwards in Domi and Duclair. They could surprise.

We better be ready to play!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Goal for the game: Don't get shutout

Seriously. This is actually my biggest concern. Can this team's offense actually look potent against a (supposedly) weak team?

Even if the Pens win, if it's a 2-1 game I'm still going to have huge doubts about whether Johnston can get the best out of this roster.

More than anything, I want to see this team score like it was predicted to.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Is smith playing two nights in a row? If so they need to try to jump on him early. He has a penchant for losing composure so maybe the pens can just end this game early and coast.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I'm gonna go the optimistic route and say Pens play much better tonight and get a 3-1 win.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Is Fleury in net?

I'd say it's pretty definite that he will be. Barring any standard Penguins health problems.

I'm gonna go the optimistic route and say Pens play much better tonight and get a 3-1 win.

idk about the score but I think they'll come out better tonight. They got embarrassed and they probably had the coaching staff on them, but Kunitz and Scuderi will still be playing.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I'd say it's pretty definite that he will be. Barring any standard Penguins health problems.

idk about the score but I think they'll come out better tonight. They got embarrassed and they probably had the coaching staff on them, but Kunitz and Scuderi will still be playing.

Thank You!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Smith goes berserk if you **** with him in his crease. With Hornqvist in the fold and our **** work last game around the net, I know what Im telling the forwards to do this game.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Smith goes berserk if you **** with him in his crease. With Hornqvist in the fold and our **** work last game around the net, I know what Im telling the forwards to do this game.

That's exactly what they need to do. Arizona will.be trying to insulate him so if the pens just flub shots at him from the point they will be playing right into their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad