GDT: Penguins @ Canucks | Nov 4th 2015 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sutter with Burrows would be another good one imo. .

I really think we shouldn't play the Sedins in overtime.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Hamhuis 3on3 seems useless. Bart and Weber with defense capable forwards, Hutton with anybody

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Sutter - Virtanen
Baerts/Higgs - Horvat - Hansen
Baerts/Higgs - McCann - Dorsett
Cracknell

I'm fine with either.

EDIT: can Cracknell play wing? Would rather him in than Dorsett :laugh:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Cracknell had 2 games rest and looked mediocore as hell.

Will be baertschi sitting. He needs to watch and understand what situations to get physical. And from the presser with gaunce.

Higgins horvat hansen dominates while burr sutter virtanen dominates

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Cracknell had 2 games rest and looked mediocore as hell.

Will be baertschi sitting. He needs to watch and understand what situations to get physical. And from the presser with gaunce.

Higgins horvat hansen dominates while burr sutter virtanen dominates

Baertschi certainly won't be sitting after last game.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
did you say cracknell looked mediocre?

i think he's looked fantastic game after game.

he makes smart, simple plays.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
did you say cracknell looked mediocre?

i think he's looked fantastic game after game.

he makes smart, simple plays.

Agreed. He's a real quality 4th line player, that is cheap. He's been a great find.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I'd go Higgins Horvat Hansen against Crosby. Sutter line against Malkin. Sedin line against their fourth line at every possibility, while mccann against bonino on the fourth.

I still think Higgins would be an okay fit with mccann

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
20 goal 49 point pace, 53 percent on draws, pp goal , Sh goal and great penalty killer. I'm not minding the sutter deal.

Or another way to put it...points in 4 of 13 games, at least 3 points riding shotgun with the twins, 2 points in the last 7 or 8 games (primarily at center in those games).

He is exactly as advertised by Pens fans thus far. A third line center that plays very conservatively and is a good PKer and will, as his career suggests, end up around 50% on draws when all is said and done. And I don't believe he is even being used for matchups. More often than not it seems Horvat is taking the important defensive zone draws and the Sedins seem to be matched up against top lines. I say matched but of course Desjardins doesn't match.

At this point I don't see Sutter being worth the extra cap hit and assets. Doesn't mean he isn't a decent player. He is and no one said otherwise. He isn't the player Benning advertised him to be (IMO).

I also fully expect that he will be extra motivated tonight as should Bonino so it could be an interesting game within the game type of thing.

Bad start or not I'm very concerned about the likes of Bartkowski and Weber against Crosby...and Malkin...and Kessel. I have a feeling Miller is going to have to be first 4 games Miller for the canucks to take this one. I feel a Crosby break out coming on (he's shooting at 3.3% against a career average 14.3%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad