Proposal: Penguins-Canucks Defensemen Swap

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
it's a good offer, but it the Canucks draft a rhd at #7, then I could see Alex Edler being paired w/ that player in a mentor role eventually:

Alex Edler-Evan Bouchard/Noah Dobson/Adam Boqvist
Olli Juolevi-Chris Tanev

Could be a solid top-4

Reactions: Steven Rush

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
it's a good offer, but it the Canucks draft a rhd at #7, then I could see Alex Edler being paired w/ that player in a mentor role eventually:

Olli Juolevi-Chris Tanev

Could be a solid top-4
Yeah there are a lot of righties this year around our first pick.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

Olli Juolevi-Chris Tanev

Could be a solid top-4

However, not top 2, in my opinion.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I wouldn't deal Edler for Maatta given Maatta's apparent issues with skating based on the thread on the NHL forum. I'd rather deal Edler for a pick or prospect.

Reactions: eviohh26

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Canucks would accept this, but Edler has an NTC and his wife is from here, so I’m not sure if he would waive it.

But this is the exact kind of trade the Canucks need to make.

No thanks to Maatta for Tanev

Do you watch the Canucks? Edler is not an offensive defenseman.
why are you opposed to Tanev for Maata? Trying to get in your head here.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Edler is our only offensive defenseman, and I believe Maatta is a shutdown, so I think we will have too many shutdown defensemen, compared to puck-moving ones.
Right, cause we’re competing for the cup next year, so we need the perfect balance of play styles on our world class defense. That’s the perfect reason to turn down a trade with value in our favour.:facepalm:

Reactions: Riptide

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Right, cause we’re competing for the cup next year, so we need the perfect balance of play styles on our world class defense. That’s the perfect reason to turn down a trade with value in our favour.:facepalm:
Must you misinterpret EVERYTHING these days? Cmon why make such an ignorant post, you know thats not what he said :shakehead

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'm still pondering this one. I'm just not sure how exactly it could come back to bite us. Taking a cap dump in Sheary offsets some of the age difference, and Granlunds flexibility in the line up would be missed, but a slower (and honestly I don't even think to a fault slower) shut down D for Edler? We have had some porous D, and a Maatta-Tanev pairing covers all our shut down requirements.

We just need Juolevi or this year's drafted player to be an offensively capable D for this to work out. Worst case for us Maatta is relegated to a bottom pairing...but that doesn't seem likely according to Pens fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad