Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Canadiens, Wednesday at 8 p.m. (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
My reasoning is because Julien wouldn't be putting Poehling out on the PP every time we have one like he's doing with Weal. Might be forced to make some changes that help the team.
This is probably true but it highlights everything that's wrong with this coaching staff.

You have a guy you drafted in the 1st round...vs a guy whose a marginal NHL player.

One has a role...the other.....

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
This is probably true but it highlights everything that's wrong with this coaching staff.

You have a guy you drafted in the 1st round...vs a guy whose a marginal NHL player.

One has a role...the other.....
I agree with you that at the point where this team is, we need to develop the rookies and give them experience.

BUT as you know CJ and MB want to win NOW. Even if possible or not. Which to my demise I believe we will not even see Evans centering the 4th line. In CJ head he is too inexperienced... I bet CJ would rather put Weal as 4th line centre(He is also a C).
Unfortunately for KK I believe he is the one who's gonna get demoted to either winger or 4th line centre to promote Domi.
Sucks.

If CJ could get a little bolder I hope he atleast does:

Domi - suzuki - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - KK - Lekhonen
Byron - Evans - Weal

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not on the Weal hate wagon. He's there because he's mostly reliable. it's NOT his fault that we are so weak that we need his services.

Of course I want to play Poehling. Weiss is done and honestly, we should lose this series. So Poehling will get a taste of the big show...and the bitterness of losing.

Last edited:

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I'm not on the Weal hate wagon. He's there because he's mostly reliable. it's NOT his fault that we are so weak that we need his services on defense.

Of course I want to play Poehling. Weiss is done and honestly, we should lose this series. So Poehling will get a taste of the big show...adn the bitterness of losing.
Yup, Weise should go. Like someone pointed out a few days ago, lines would be different with Cousins, Thompson and Kovalchuk. These series were a complete surprise.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I would take weise out before weal and put Evans in before Poehling.

If like to see:
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-Suzuki-Armia
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Byron-Evans-Weal

Swap lehk and Domi if needed.

If also drop Ouellet and put in Fleury

Reactions: Holystik

habmercy

Aug 19, 2017
I wouldn't mind seeing Evans get a look but we've played two good games and have given Julien last change now. I would pull Weise out. I think Evans gives us a better chance to score and we need to find some more goals. The fact we're killing a lot of our chances to score by staying in the penalty box so long is a much bigger problem. We really need to stop to penalties. It's too much and too many!!!

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
IF the kids are given a fair chance then I hope we re winning.
If not then....
Might as well try to get a good pick and get out of this mediocrity.

And even if we lose with the kids at least they ll get some experience.

I am hoping for
Tatar Suzuki Gallagher
Domi KK Armia
Byron Danault Lehkonen
Poehling /Evans/Weal Drouin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes